Columbia Stingray ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this frame for free just trying to figure out what it is. Started sanding it down it was all primer and rusty. Found out that it was a columbia bike from the head badge, it was painted over. So i looked up where i can find the serial number. Found out where to look some where in the back where the tires go. Found nothing! So got frustrated in sanding down and found nothing. So i jumped to the head badge and then i saw some numbers. So that what confusing me. I thought Schwinn only had the serial by the head badge. If any body can help me just want to no the year and what model it is. Thanks! Sorry don't know how to upload the pics. The head badge is a sticker and the serial number is going vertical.

Found out how!
Apr15_0005.jpg
Apr15_0004.jpg

A picture of the whole thing would probably be useful, but the sticker "headbadge" dates it to 1976 or later.

Most likely a 1977-78-79 Columbia Tripper.

Could also be one of a number of early BMX-ish bikes they were building from cantilever frames, and tacking on plastic fenders, chunky square seats and knobby tires.

I've had a couple of them. They're pretty cool alternatives to a late Stingray but don't seem to be worth anything much. Do what you like with it.

--Rob

Back