colson year?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   1
I have a ladies colson. the serial # on BB is C1 402 1. It has a 1/2 inch pitch sweatheart chainring, 26 X 2.125 wheels, peaked fenders, truss rods, and rear rack. Any idea on year? will post pics as soon as I set up a flicker acct.
Thanks,
Johnny

freshfinds001.jpg

freshfinds007.jpg
For some reason I can only post one picture at a time. Sorry for all the posts. Not very computer savy.

Click copy on the image code and it does one picture ....click several lines of them....go back to your pics and write down the pic number of each one you want to post
Then change just the picture number on each of them. Its the number at the end. Will be the only difference
and it will do another picture. Sounds complicated...kinda hard to explain. You will get the hang of it.

The forward exit rear dropout toe plates were a Colson design revision that dates the bike to 1949/50 or newer. Based on current theories regarding Colson serial numbers, it is likely your bike was produced in 1951.

Thanks for all the info(picture posting and the bike i.d.).

Latest posts

Back