coker 2.125 red tire for my 1950 Schwinn?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a pair of these red coker tires 26 x 2.125 thinking they would fit my 1950 Schwinn 26" springer bike. The guy at my local bike shop says no, they won't fit! I haven't unpackaged the tires yet. Can anyone tell me if this will work? Appreciated!!!

what size are the tires on it now? 26x 1 3/4 or 26x 1.75 or 26x2.125?
if its 26x 1 3/4 they wont(those are s7s and will only use the odd ball schwinn size)
if theyre 1.75 or 2.125 they should

Are they the B.F.Goodrich Silvertown red tires? If so, I'd send them back. I bought a pair of them and even though they are marked 26 X 2.125, they are the width of 26 X 1.75 middleweight tires. I put them on one of my bikes and they looked wimpy. I sold them on the for sale section. If you want nice fat red tires, get a pair of "Grand Tycoons" with the brick Schwinn style tread. Grand Tycoons pictured below. Gary
DSC03326.jpg

CCR said:
favorite bike ever :D :D :D

Wow! Coming from a dyed-in-the-wool Schwinn guy like you, that's a real nice compliment. Thanks Jeremy. :D Now if I can just get Uncle Stretch to pat me on the head. HaHA! :wink: Gary

Back