Coasters New Years Day Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was our 2nd annual New Year's Day Pot-Luck Dinner and Ride. We had a really good turnout. The weather was in the upper 40s which was nice. Good food, fun, friendship and a bike ride. I can't think of a better way to start a new year. Photos here.

Video below. Be sure to watch for the wheelies near the end :D

Great photos...yall always look like you have a good time. :D

Man...and the wheelies...that dude is pretty good to pull that off on that bike.

The Coasters BC does have fun, with our weekly rides and special events like this. Like one of the group said of the Coasters " Fat tires, warm hearts, and good times , its tough to beat ".
We are fortunate to have a club historian, photographer, videographer, organizer, computer guru, and friend like aka.Locojoe, to document all that we do , we are blessed.
Thats Mr. Larry, wheelieing by, a nearly 50 year old kid, who can build really cool bikes (and other stuff), and still ride a mean wheelie on 50+ pound full dressed 1930 something Hawthorne.
Of course it is all of the good people who come ride with the Coasters BC that make it happen and make it fun. I like that phrase "fat tires, warm hearts, and good times" . I believe thats true. Happy New Year to ALL.
Dangerous Dan

thatismytruck said:
Is that the bike/walking trail near 435 that runs through South KC, Overland Park area? I used top ride that all the time when I lived out there.

Nope, this is a newly open section of trail along the Arkansas river that flows through Wichita,Ks.. The city is adding new bike/walking trails through the city. Maybe someday Wichita will really be bike friendly to ride. But for now most of it runs along the river and make for a nice ride.

dangratsdan said:
thatismytruck said:
Is that the bike/walking trail near 435 that runs through South KC, Overland Park area? I used top ride that all the time when I lived out there.

Nope, this is a newly open section of trail along the Arkansas river that flows through Wichita,Ks.. The city is adding new bike/walking trails through the city. Maybe someday Wichita will really be bike friendly to ride. But for now most of it runs along the river and make for a nice ride.

second time I made that mistake. The trail looks similar to the one in OP,KS.

Markm said:
is that some kind of apple moonshine??? :shock: :mrgreen:

Don't no nothin bout it. Found it in an alley or somplace in the trunk of some ol 49 Ford or somthin. Kinda tastes like apple pie. But not like my moma's apple pie. Makes ur innereds feel kinda warm. mmmm.
Them Coasters BC folks kinda like it.

Hey look guys i found this apple stuff in the alley LETS DRINK IT!

mmm tastes good OH NO WAIT I CANT SEE! lol
just kiddin man looks like fun. You didnt go blind did ya? :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back