coast king star jet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have any info on this bike?
I picked it up last summer and it was pretty much complete. I aired up the tires installed a coaster brake strap and oiled the chain and it was ridable. I removed the wire basket from the front because it is probably the cause for the left reflector being broken off the front of the tank. Outside of those few things being done it has been untouched since I got it. I believe everything is original except the seat. It doesn't make sense for an ugly brown saddle on a blue bike. or it may be the original has been recovered since the quality of the covering doesn't fit real well. posted is a pic of the overall bike and then a video of when I went to pick it up. It gives a quick overview of what it was before going home.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55540750@N ... otostream/

Well this may or may not exactly help the tires are 24x1.75 (which makes perfect sense for the size of bike). The tires are made by Dae Yung and made in Korea(not unfathomable to think they are not the originals).
The rear hub is a Perry B-500 made in England and stamped 28 13 [not sure if an English hub would have been originally installed on an American made bike (according to the head badge)].
The grips are marked on the top "Trim Grip"(this is in a raised script).
Pedals are marked on one side of the block as "Easy Running" and "chairs" on the adjacent side.
Serial on bottom bracket is 6106484.

Back