Clover Lane

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Beautiful Patina!!!
I don´t care much for those handlebars thou... :roll: But if you dig´em, go for it :wink:

Gdcast said:
Wow Beautiful Patina!!!
I don´t care much for those handlebars thou... :roll: But if you dig´em, go for it :wink:

Preaching to the choir my bro, preaching to the choir! Mtn bike bars on my build is not the way I want to go.
I'm looking for that "perfect" set of bars you know and I'm always open to suggestions. CHIME IN!
In fact I'm open to charitable contributions on the clover build as well so PM me for my mailing address when ur ready to donate. :mrgreen:

Fenders on.
Found some chain adjusters.
Made fender stay extenders front and rear.
All in all a pretty good day.

frnderstayextensions.jpg

cloverfenderstay.jpg

cloverdropoutmock.jpg

clovermockwfenders.jpg

cloverfendermockfront.jpg

CHIME IN RATS! I NEED YOUR RIGHTEOUS ADVISE!

The bars and grips will go I simply don't have a set to put on the stem that look any better right now. A low, drop stem might look cool?
Tires can be whatever you guys think.... vintage whitewalls.. color set's.. canvas or white.. old.. new.. LET ME FEEL YA!

There's the LB love! That's what I'm talkin' bout! :p
Mock up stage my man... glad ur checkin in. Got 3 or 4 tire choices for this:
old whitewall .... 8)
green duro ...... :mrgreen: :wink:
new whitewall .... :roll:
or pictured big a's :lol:

Your call?

chimichanga said:
Looks good dude! When are you putting in the new tires?

Amazing u chimed in.. My uncle lives in a quiet hood behind a little low key shopping strip that's laid out around a circle there in LB
A tower building is out in front on pch the way I remember. I have been thinking about that a lot. Many, many summers there bro.
Anyway, see unc is one of the paperboys... from my theme's storyline. THAT'S HIS BIKE IN THE OLD PHOTOGRAPH! My dad riding it 8)
Guess it's just fate that ur a part of this too. Like I always say: "That's the way it goes. But every now & then, it goes the other way too"

Charles said:
chimichanga said:
Looks good dude! When are you putting in the new tires?

Amazing u chimed in.. My uncle lives in a quiet hood behind a little low key shopping strip that's laid out around a circle there in LB
A tower building is out in front on pch the way I remember. I have been thinking about that a lot. Many, many summers there bro.
Anyway, see unc is one of the paperboys... from my theme's storyline. THAT'S HIS BIKE IN THE OLD PHOTOGRAPH! My dad riding it 8)
Guess it's just fate that ur a part of this too. Like I always say: "That's the way it goes. But every now & then, it goes the other way too"
Whoa what a random coincidence. That place you are talking about is called the traffic circle. I always drive by there mostly every day.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: CALL IT THE LUCK OF THE IRISH! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When u put out the call and u get an answer.......YOU BESTS DELIVER!
Unanimous vote on the bands: Green Duro's from my man out Long Beach way.

Couple other things:
The cycle is out of mock up with fenders, wheels, seat, ect. snugged up n ready to ride.
All that light kit went on.
Terry is Burning & painting badges next week. SWEET!
Drop stand (thanks to lobsterboyx ) delivered at 8am just in time for these shots...

ELGIN4.jpg

ELGIN2.jpg

ELGIN1.jpg

ELGIN3.jpg

Scored a couple of chain wheels on freebay for the price of shipping and should receive soon... then we ride.
FEELIN' LUCKY

21 tooth chainwheel installation went well and using the old chain from my Higgins (got another one for that ride, thanks Jeff!)
Cycle checks in at 45 lbs & with all the hills around here the 21/10 ratio is gonna be best.

cloverchainwheel.jpg

TIME TO RIDE!

Re: Clover Lane "First Ride"

Well it looks like we got ourselves one straight up good driver there now doesn't it sunshine?
I think Ramsey would like :wink:

Cloverlanefinished3.jpg

Cloverlanefinished2.jpg

Cloverlanefinished1.jpg

Just a few details left to get to next week and we should see a finished rat!

Parts list:
Pre-war Elgin frameset..............SimpleMan
60' Hawthorne wheels.................Charles
Rubber...............................Chimichanga
Skip tooth chain.....................Simpleman
Drop stand...........................Lobsterboyx
Norman of England fenders..........Charles
Hairpin saddle/lucky 7................Found
Saddle leather & Bag.................Ramsey
Mtb handlebar..........................Gibby
Miller light kit.........................Charles
Reflectors...............................Kevin