Cleveland Welding Cycle Truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CWC Roadmaster for sure, Here is mine, it does have a few more parts, Peaked Fenders, Morrow rear Hub wheelset, Added WF Rear Rack and Truss bars just for looks. Definitely will be hard to find the Advertising Panel, basket w Mounts and Front Drop stand. It was completely painted barn red sometime ago, I kept it the way it was, thought it gave it some character and a story.

Possible Stand Blueprints?

Nice! I agree with Dave that it was built in early-mid 1945 by the serial number. I think CWC called their bikes a delivery cycle, model 2010 in the catalog. What is scripted on the hubs? They should both be Morrow/Eclipse with 10 gauge spokes. Peaked fenders, and you'll need fenders if you're planning to get the front drop stand. If the brackets are original then that's one hard part to find out of the way.

The dropstand in the patent is the other version of the RM stand. The prewar and early postwar versions pivoted on the axle (like yours would). The other version had studs on the fork where it pivoted. This is shown in that patent, hence the 1947 approval date. A good start indeed!

Back