(Class 1 MBBO#4) Cycledelic - seat fabric lol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a simple way to determine spoke length? I have an old 3 speed on a 26 I'd like to mount in a 24.

Is there a simple way to determine spoke length? I have an old 3 speed on a 26 I'd like to mount in a 24.
http://www.sapim.be/spoke-calculator
There's lot's of other calculators on the web but I like this one.
Fudge on the long side when calcing final length, you can shorten them a bit, but it's pretty hard to lengthen them.

Carl.

Well phooey, that shifter cable is wrong...

Carl.

I don't cut my own spokes. I thought that took a special machine? I measure my hubs and rims and give my measurements to Robert at Wheels By Fleming and he takes care of me at a fair price. The lacing is up to me of course, but I tell him what I want to do first.

I don't cut my own spokes. I thought that took a special machine? I measure my hubs and rims and give my measurements to Robert at Wheels By Fleming and he takes care of me at a fair price. The lacing is up to me of course, but I tell him what I want to do first.
Well there's a debate about "cutting" threads vs "pulling" threads, which is what the Hozan machine does. Some folks think cutting threads removes too much metal and weakens the spoke. I believe there may be some merit in that school of thought. I have a little 2-56 die which is as close as I can get to 2.2mm x 56 tpi. It has a split on one side and I jammed a flat screwdriver into it effectively opening the threads up a bit, and they seem to work fine. I cut about half the threads on those off center rims I built and they're about as stressed as you can get when that bike is haulin'... For the record the first hub I ever did, I calculated the spokes and bought some, the 2nd and 3rd were the off centered ones, and this is the 4th, so we'll see what happens. No issues yet but...

Carl.

The one you need:
Bigger, or smaller?
Shimano 555 bell crank.
The new cable I have has small fine threads and the Shimano are bigger, the old cable is seized up and the casing is split and peeling... but it do have the ends intact (molded lead on both) I only have a trigger shifter for now so we'll see what I can fab up...

Carl.

I'd like to git me one a them there "Cyclo delic" bicycles...
Sounds a lot better then, them thar Mantis bikes are weird.
Merle. :crazy:

Last edited:
Bloke that is insane.. you've got my vote so far.. it definitely looks like some kind of wild animal that's for sure..
It's Insanesational!
Or maybe it's a bit of misdirection?
Really just spinnin' my wheels, gotta get some bondo...

Carl.

Back