Cinco de Polo (Now with NOS!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cinco de Polo

:roll: no megan fox, but transformer was my first thought looking at that thing.

I thought Transformers too,............ But where's the wheels?

jon said:
so where you going to hide the Nos bottle?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That button is going to do something, I just haven't had the vision yet!

its got that maximilian (disneys the black hole) sorta look to it.

although tron was released 82? probably just riding coat tails.

holy crap! that is a transformer reflector. that just brought back a childhood memory! i can remember getting that out of the cereal box like it was yesterday! :lol:

"Red button" push it and the kickstand goes down...... or makes the wolf call !!!! just a thought!

jon said:
"Red button" push it and the kickstand goes down...... or makes the wolf call !!!! just a thought!

Funny you should mention the Wolf call, that was on my list for "loud horns I'd like to have."

La Cucaracha would be even better, but I would insist on the airhorn/compressor version! :D

I got the shifter finished up minus the wiring. All is back together, but the front is missing that "pop", that all those primary colors are doing for the rest of the bike. Still not sure what to do here yet.

sftdn03.jpg

sftdn02.jpg

sftdn01.jpg

Now on to lighting.

murraymadman said:
holy crap! that is a transformer reflector. that just brought back a childhood memory! i can remember getting that out of the cereal box like it was yesterday! :lol:

Well, mystery solved! It's a shame the reflector was missing, it's probably on some collectors list of must haves!
I'm glad you enjoyed the warm childhood memory, it's why I like using stuff like this on builds.

JoKeR63 said:
I got the shifter finished up minus the wiring. All is back together, but the front is missing that "pop", that all those primary colors are doing for the rest of the bike. Still not sure what to do here yet.

sftdn03.jpg
How 'bout a thin red barber pole spiral stripe down the shift lever?

bikeriderx said:
JoKeR63 said:

sftdn03.jpg
How 'bout a thin red barber pole spiral stripe down the shift lever?

Maybe I shoulda' said "fork"? Still I'm intriged.

Got the fork repainted, but I rushed it a bit and we haven't had as much painting suitable weather as I'd like, so I had some peeling.
But the more I looked at it the more I liked it, so I just hammered them back on and I'm gonna' just rock it.

fork04.jpg

fork05.jpg

polo01.jpg

It's so snappy it almost looks photoshopped.

Put some lights on it, but I'm still on the fence about battery location and switching.

lamp01.jpg

lamp02.jpg

Since I don't have alot of night bikes I figured this would be a good candidate for hi power lighting. But that takes big batteries, and you got to put them somewhere. I think I'm gonna' play up the NOS idea as I have most of the necessary junk to make it happen.

Was trying to come up with a way to make the momentary switch toggle the lights off and on, but it made my head explode and I went with this switch instead.

switch.jpg

Can you see where this is going? :wink:

nos01.jpg

NOS bottle got put together last night, and now the bike is fully "junked up". Bottle was just big enough to get the battery inside. Just got to get it wired up and I can call it done!

bottle01.jpg

No room even for this fuse holder!

bottle02.jpg

Mounting bracket

mount01.jpg

Pre angling.

bottle03.jpg

With leveling bracket.

bottle04-1.jpg

Note fake pressure on gauge. :)

What's this??? Looks like Cinco hasn't been out much, I thought I noticed some strange webs around.

spyder.jpg

Ok, got the wiring done, and lights are working. What a snakepit!

snakes.jpg

Well, I'm calling it done. It's been a long road and it's been a real mixed bag of good and bad. Good being the extension and fork, bad being that frickin' sprocket. Gonna' be fairly busy over the next few days so no final pics just yet. This is my final build post in this thread, so look for pics in the done forum. It's been a fun ride kids and I've enjoyed building something cheap n' ratty this time around.

done.jpg

VOTE CINCO!

Latest posts

Back