Chrome struts?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can get a set of chrome fork struts for my 07 Schwinn? I know Electra has them for sale on their site, but anyone know if they fit a Schwinn cruiser? I have this bike:

bw.jpg

It's my everyday ride now. I think the struts would look awesome on my bike.

Thanks!

I'll pull a measurment off the struts on my electra as soon as I find my tape measure (I'm in the process of moving to a new house). Might not have a chance til tomorrow night.

Bikeworldusa.com sells the Electra struts, they come in two sizes (I believe 21" and 23").

Drop Debbie an email and see what she has in stock.

62H

The measurement on my Electra Super Deluxe is 23 1/4" from the bottom of the headset nut to the center of the axle.

If you get some too long you can always do what I did on my "Escaped Convict" RRBBO2 entry. These came off a 26" Hawethorn and I simply wedged the ends between two boards on my deck and "bent" them evenly to fit the 24" bike . It makes for a unique look.

Truss.jpg

Aaron

Thanks for the help guys. My measurement from the bottom of the head nut to the center of the axle is about 22" - which would mean the shorts would be too short by an inch. I think I might try the long struts and maybe either try to arch them more to fit, or drill my own axle slot higher up or bend them at the bottom a little. I'll see when I get them.

Thanks again!

Back