Christmas prez

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a small town near where I live and this old man has all this old bikes lining his fence in his back yard. A year or so ago I took my wife by and showed her. Well I woke up Christmas morning and she had this in the living room. She went and the old man gave her this bike. I was excited just like a little kid. I immediately got on the net to get some idea's and found this great site! So I have it total striped down and should have it back together sometime this week or next, maybe.
DSC06161.jpg

right on, great find, great wife, and great gift! welcome to the club! what kinda info have you found on it so far?

Well its just your basic amf bike, but the top of the tank is chrome and I have cleaned all the chrome and it looks really good considering the age. The side of the bike you see was in the sun and faded the logos, but the other side you can still read "Texas Ranger" on the tank.

Great bike man, Glad it brought you to the site. There are a great bunch of guys here. Personally I like the patina look so I'd leave it as it is and just throw a set of tires on it but that's just me.

Welcome to the club!

Cool score...Gotta love it when your wifey drags home the fresh finds for ya :mrgreen:
Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like it might have a bendix 2 speed manual shift rear hub.
Post a close up pic of the hub when you get a chance.

2manybikes said:
Cool score...Gotta love it when your wifey drags home the fresh finds for ya :mrgreen:
Hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like it might have a bendix 2 speed manual shift rear hub.
Post a close up pic of the hub when you get a chance.

I just noticed that too. That would only be a bonus. :wink: Those are nifty hubs.

That is one cool old bike! :wink: I have a wife like that as well. Always spotting bikes and garage sales with bikes. What a cool thing to wake up to on Christmas. Welcome! :D

Back