Christmas parade

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours is Sunday. I have already repaired and upgraded the swing bike from the damage it took last year, I still need to make a chain guide for one of my tall bikes.

These were the bikes I had in the parade last year. The trike with apes, the pink Schwinn, and the long chopper on the left were the only bikes that don't belong to me.

paradeee_zps9e7f04d2.jpg

I wish we had a Christmas parade with bikes. This year, we'd probably have to put chains on the tires. Snow on the way. Gary

It is going to be cold this year, last 2 years have been pretty warm and my Elf costume (made out of a blanket) makes me cook! I just hope it doesn't rain.

Parade entry is $10 when you register, and it's worth it to see people smile so much and show off my more fun bikes.

Have a great parade ride!
The Slow Spokes Parade ride on Sat. is beginning to look iffy. Ice predicted.
I'll be there if possible.

Everyone predicting rain here. The parade is "rain or shine" but my riding depends on just how much rain.

I fixed the swing bike a few days ago. I pulled out one tall bike and it's ready. I put a seat on the rodeo bike and aired up the tires. I repainted the BIG tall bike, welded in a new rear support and am trying to fix a chain alignment issue.

Well, like I said, the parade was rain or shine, and it was rain, but I was just crazy enough to go ahead with it. The high today was 39 and it was a steady mist or light rain all day. There was a smaller crowd in the parade, a smaller crowd riding with me, and a smaller crowd watching the parade, but we made a lot of people smile. Here are some photos that a lady from church took as we were riding. My little boy (6 years old) was riding, this was his third year in the parade, the last 2 years were HOT, this was miserable and he was crying but trying to be strong. I kept telling him I would put his bike on the float behind us and let him ride in their vehicle in the heat, but he wanted to ride. His little hands were frozen and about a block into the parade it wasn't getting better, I found a family from church watching and asked them to take him and warm him up, let him watch the parade, and then take him home afterward. Sad not being able to ride with my little man, but my daughter hung in with me on the Beast.

This is one of my high school students on the tall bike (11th grade) and her little sister (9th grade) on the swing bike behind her.
79A86626-B784-452A-80DD-3D56DCF4D024.jpg

Brother and sister (7th and 6th grade) on the reverse "WRFF" trike and mini tall bike.
BB170C7F-8AA4-4C9B-9F77-6AEA4731700E.jpg

New paint job on the taller bike, rides so good I can ride it with my eyes closed. Hopefully this was it's last parade as I need to scrap this one and build something nicer.
36C24561-5F5B-4FC1-9BFF-EB74FA853539.jpg

She rode this one last year and fell quite a few times (one of the toughest teenage girls you'll ever meet), but she didn't fall any this year. This bike rides so nice, but with the short wheelbase it is very tippy.
09A3780B-8048-44E4-AC62-0936FE4E38A0.jpg

Me again, the boy in the background on the bike with the wheel disks is the little brother of the 2 sisters riding. He is on the "rodeo" bike and loves to ride.
E5669B75-A5CA-43F6-83A2-A2CC360C5D88.jpg

This is the sister on the swing bike, she can't get enough of this bike and she rides it like nobody else. She still crashes it, but only from doing insane turns at crazy speeds.
7E34B5FE-EC5A-4E5A-9F53-1F0EEDE6B56A.jpg

FEB8055D-6AC5-4BB5-8481-A73EE94E129B.jpg

My 10 year old on the Beast, we decided for her to ride this as we were loading the bikes to go tot he parade, she was afraid she wouldn't be able to stop it, but she did great and with her little self over those big tires, she got lots of attention.
A46D6B7A-78E1-4655-A0F6-83D6A4CAAE1D.jpg

Can't keep her in frame, I don't ride this bike as fast as she does...
02E4D07C-1BE5-4112-B0F1-C6A35EAFC65D.jpg

Still at it.
6545B9D1-C013-442E-A92A-33DC73860A2C.jpg

You can see how everyone was bundled up.
1C2CD219-07CB-43AC-AC5F-8F73B2CBD9C9.jpg

Well, I've officially hijacked this thread. :aggressive:

WOW thats really cool! love it when Kids are having a blast!! cool Job J!!!

Troy

Looks like fun! I'm guessing that the elf blanket felt pretty good this year.

Haha, yeah, it was nice, and I was bundled up under it too. The last 2 years has been so hot I was sweating like crazy! Here are photos from last year, notice how everyone was dressed:

parade23.jpg

parade22.jpg

(this is my friend Cody on my tall bike, I had just had shoulder surgery and couldn't ride it last year)
parade21.jpg

parade20.jpg

parade19.jpg

Here I am, the idiot, burning up, notice my left arm is down, I wasn't allowed to raise it up:
parade18.jpg

parade17.jpg

parade16.jpg

parade15.jpg

parade14.jpg

parade11.jpg

parade10.jpg

parade9.jpg

parade8.jpg

parade7.jpg

parade6.jpg

parade5.jpg

parade4.jpg

parade2.jpg

parade1.jpg

Slow Spokes DFW was disappointed.
Best I got is some video from the Ft Worth Parade of Lights a week ago.
Ft Worth Bicycle Club (I'm not a member).

Back