Christmas Bicycles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping that Wally world would have the BFK's again this year since I could not come across one last year, but they didnt. Has anyone else found any Christas Bicycle deals worth talking about?

I was saying the same thing about the schwinns.. I was hoping for white, red and maybe coppertone! lol

A guy in my area is just now selling his BFKs in the CL.

Apparently this was the way to do it...stockpile a bunch and wait a year.

His ad said he he had several colors all still in the box for $149 each and then I noticed today he only had one left.

Rat Rod said:
A guy in my area is just now selling his BFKs in the CL.

Apparently this was the way to do it...stockpile a bunch and wait a year.

His ad said he he had several colors all still in the box for $149 each and then I noticed today he only had one left.

I don't have the time, space or patience.. lol

old wally world. this year for christmas the deal that jumped out at me was this little red all aluminum cruiser (26" wheels) built by next and called the la jolla. not bad for under $100, and even though i am getting it for christmas as a lightweight cruiser commuter, i've allready seen some of these la jollas tricked out with springer forks, 144 spoke chrome wheels with whitwalls and i see alot of build potential. i am used to heavy american built steel, but bet you i can build something cool with chinese aluminum. any yes... pictures will be a coming.

I know the exact bike you are talking about. I have thought about picking one up myself, but I am in need of a new computer first. Can't wait to be done with school! It seems weird not working 40 plus hours a week!

roadmaster said:
///the deal that jumped out at me was this little red all aluminum cruiser (26" wheels) built by next and called the la jolla. not bad for under $100, ...

I've got a La Jolla. The only complaint I have had was the grips. Otherwise it's a great bike. It looks good and I get more compliments on it than my other bikes but I don't feel nervous about leaving it unlocked outside of restaurants when I ride to lunch.

i am suprised i am not the only one looking at those next la jollas. :D what is your take on those? i like the color but see room for customizing here and there. its not really a rat if i am buying a 2008 cruiser new in the box, but i am curious about its aluminum frame.

It's nice and light. I can throw it over the side of my truck with one hand. I'm 300+ lbs and the components handle my riding around and my occasional hammering with nary a complaint. The welds look good, and the finish is sweet. I did pull all the stickers off except for the one on the chainguard. Definitely room for customization. I want to get some wood fenders and wood chainguard and a Nirve saddle and grips. That's pretty much it aside from some different tires. I've also put a Wald basket on the front and use it for grocery runs when we don't need a big load.

heine.jpg

This is with the Heineken sidecart I made.

STS said:
Yep, that is what we speak of.

What's a BFK?

its a wal-mart "classic schwinn stingray" made last year for Black Friday sales, people just started calling them Black Friday Krates, BFK for short, they retailed for $88 and later were clearanced for around $50. not a bad bike for the money and not a bad source of parts, i think the rear slik by theirselves go for $40 new

I initially refused to buy one and avoided walmart for months as to not be tempted.
then I finally bought one! the last one lol if they would have had 10 that day I would have bought them all

I saw a black one pop up on CL here for $25 in very good shape and really wanted to jump on it. It was really hard not buying it, but a moritorium on bike purchases has been levied by the spouse until I get more room in the garage (or additional butts to ride them).

thats so cool, pictures of some next la jollas. yeah, i plan to peal the stickers, but is there a certain way to do it easily? when i get mine i will post a picture of it and call it "before".

Latest posts

Back