CHOPPERS BIG AND SMALL...BOTH ARE DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I started a build with a Phat Chopper. Going to try to turn it into a Banana seat chopper. Found a huffy for my little guy...so both bikes are going to be the same ( i hope) Little boys have to be like dad i guess.Still painfully waiting for parts to finish the big chopper. Then more photos will be posted

IMG_8871.jpg

IMG_8872.jpg

Re: CHOPPERS BIG AND SMALL

That's going to be sweet when you are done I am sure! LOVE those Phats!!

There is actually a kids version of that bike that my son rides:

fb53d03b.jpg

Would be cool if you could find one and do the same treatment on big and small bikes!

got the seat..sissy bar pad ..front mag wheel and orange tire finally...just need time to get it all finished. Photo isnt that great..stay tuned for the real thing..coming soon to a post near you

IMG_8944.jpg

I like where you are going with this.
Did you add the blades to the crank?

kingfish254 said:
I like where you are going with this.
Did you add the blades to the crank?

Im always open for advise..so thank you on the compliment. The blades actually are stock on the Phat Choppers. But i wanted to do a bit different paint so the orange had to be put on there. Im looking forward to getting this one done. I may have a problem with that back tire hitting the chain...so i need to figure that one out. Th tire is a 26 X 3"

It's getting there

You may need an offset rear sprocket. If worse comes to worse, you may be able to use an old 5 speed freewheel like I did on Fugsley.

Is it a fairly modern rear hub? How about an offset rear sprocket? If you can find a 'baby' 16/18 OCC Stingray chopper, they're usually on Craigslist and you can resell the forks, maybe the rims, and get most of the money back!

There's an offset cog one on that fat rear end! Has to be the baby model, like this one.

DSCF2505.jpg

Or ChoppersUS has them too.
http://www.choppersus.com/store/category/3/20/Hubs-Wheel-Parts/page2.html

Good luck!

Cheers,
Dr. T

I had a very similar, if not the exact same bike and I was able to put a 26x3 tire in the back with no offset sprocket. I did have a Nexus 7 speed which I think may be a bit wider than a standard hub. It was close, but no rubbing and perfectly straight chain line :)

whopper3.jpg

whopper6.jpg

When i get home tonight i will check it out and see if the chain will fit correct. I just took a quick look before so im not 100% about it yet. If it is off by about 1/4" is there a way to put a spacer in there???

I guess depending on the hub you use, you can put in some spacers. The Nexus 7 speed on mine is 130 OLD and no spacers are needed.

Re: CHOPPERS BIG AND SMALL...BIG ONE IS DONE

Very cool! Looks like it will be a plush ride :)

That bike is AWESOME!!!!!!
I think you might need to add a wheelie bar though, I bet you can pop one in a heartbeat!!

kingfish254 said:
That bike is AWESOME!!!!!!
I think you might need to add a wheelie bar though, I bet you can pop one in a heartbeat!!

Hmmmm...don't know about that...I think those forks weigh 40 lbs! :)

Back