chopperitto turned trike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dolled up this trike a while ago for a friend of mine. he wanted to start riding with us to loose weight. (big guy-pushing 300lbs)
since we all ride customs, he didn't want to be riding a modern store bought trike. so he threw some money at it.
IMG_0915.jpg

heres my chopperitto.
now as fun as this bike is to ride, i've never been entirely staticfied with the finish build. (strictly a looks things.)
IMG_1503-1.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

back to the trike.
my budy larry (owner) took a corner a little fast. he put a mean hurt on the aluminum trike frame and twisted it like soft taffy. on top of the damage to the trike, he ended up taking a good spill.
anyhoo, i decided i would donate the chopperitto to the cause and get him rolling again (him and his little guy, "mr. mason man" (mason to most. :) )
figured a low center of gravity was just what this larger than life friend of mine required.
and the chopperiko was born.
IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

still in the early stages, still needs a lot of work.
it will have 24x3's on the back, still gonna work out the chain/derailer clearance.
played around with an old rack turned back rest.
IMG_3053-1.jpg

eventually its gonna have a seat for the little guy in the back. it will need a bigger flat bed or perhaps a 30's style rumble seat in the back for little mr. mason man. what ever we do its gotta keep little fingers free and clear of the tires and spokes.

anyhoo thats the game plan and i have to say, i don't want to give it away anymore :( (even though i will)

thats my "mens den" a get away from the everyday. :)

playing around with some card this morning.
looks like the rumble seat is a go.
IMG_3053-2.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

to keep costs down (cause this is a freebee) i'm gonna build it outta 1/4" good one side ply (with a 1/2 plybase and frame). i'll probably attach metal fenders though.

too cool. whats the power supply for? is it just the lights? or is there a sterio on board as well?
gonna have to keep an eye out next time i'm in t.o. :)

The power supply is a small amp for the ipod. Speakers are tucked under the arm rests. I made taillights with red flashers from a dollar store mounted on the inside, with rectangular red reflector covers (black backing removed) glued on the outside.

Back