chopped up raleigh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had taken some more pictures but this bike was a donor for another build I was doing for my girlfriend so she could cruise with me. Well that one didn't work out so well so I threw this together today and so far is looking ok. This Raleigh was a cruiser my coworker gave to me a few months ago. Built for a tall guy I had no use for it than to use it for parts. So I ended up cutting the seat post a good six inches or so, I heated and bent the rear a little too much but... whatever. My biggest accomplishment is the front fork. The bike was for a big guy. The front for had to be cut about three inches to Look ok. My cut and weld is almost seemless! So lucked out! So tomorrow the bottom best is getting cut and replaced by something or just getting extend... don't know yet, and to bend the seat post back so she can be a little farther away from the pedals. Not bad for a slow, rainy day at work.

Any ideas before tomorrow morning? I want this built! I want to cruise and I don't get nearly enough bike time since she doesn't have a cruiser too...

Looks like the ole Raleigh is gonna make a great cruiser. Maybe bow the down tube, extend and add a new bottom bracket? Get that lady riding! :wink:

unusual heart shape frame .Looks like this could be an interesting build . :D

This is what I have so far. I'm going to have to bend the front fork a bit. It's not long enough for my liking... getting some fenders soon.

Back