Chinese bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without searching for one I became the owner of this Shuangma motorized bicycle. It looks pretty good. Not sure how old it is tho. I was able to get the motor running but there's not much power coming out of it. I will also get the owner's manual soon from the last owner. Apparently it;s all in chinese. Anyone know something about those bikes?

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

It looks like one of those scam motorbikes from the 1980s.

There was this company that took out ads in newspapers and backs of magazines like Popular Mechanics that said they were looking for people to test a new type of "motorcycle" - all you had to do was pay for the shipping! Except that when the "motorcycle" arrived it was a motorized bicycle. They had roller drive just like this one.

wow the cool factor is through the roof. That is a really discreet motorized bicycle. The dreamers who ordered the prototype motorcycles would have revived a mixed blessing on this one. ha-ha I love the motor mounting location.

Eclipse said:
That's really interesting! I'd like to see one of those ads to see if they were the same.

I think a picture would have defeated the trick. :mrgreen:

But after some searching it seems that what they got was a Kamasura motorized bike:
koskasura_2.jpg

Completely different frame, looks like 20" wheels too (or maybe 24 at the largest).

For 26" tires it doesn't look as big as it is. That is an interesting site, Moped are big over in the UK.

I took the bike for another test ride today. It's definitely not a big motor. It doesn't like hills and that's what I have around my neighborhood. I guess it's a 25cc. It might need a carb adjustment but it runs fairly well as it is. I will take it into town tomorrow to ride it around as it's flat there. It was really fun to ride it but you need not to be in a hurry!

Back