childhood memories

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all talk about bikes that bring back childhood memories well I was on our local fb swapshop and seen a 82 ET stuffed animal for 5 bucks well I couldnt justify wasting the gas driving 25 miles for a stuffed animal well my mom seen the same ad asked the woman could hold it till her next trip over there. And she came home and surprised me today with it less the tag on it the thing looks new. I had the same one when I was a kid but mine was well loved and had got lost over the years.
IMG_20130219_142151_zps926c5900.jpg

I still have the blanket I carried around and sucked my thumb with, for a while my son slept with it, but it's falling apart so I put it away. He has one of my old Ewok stuffed animals on his bed now.

It's amazing how a memory can rush back at just the sight of a stuffed animal or action figure. Some G.I. JOE stuff really takes me back.

Some G.I. JOE stuff really takes me back.

I still have mine, including a large Cobra speed boat. I got all of them rapped in film, and change it every year.
Thought one day my kid would like to play with them, as did my good friend who keeps his in the same good condition.

We both had our first babys this year, both girls...
... that means those old G.I.´s will get some Barbie action at last!!! :lol: :lol:

I still have my childhood Teddy Bear and I named him Ted long before the movie came out! I also still have a couple of his friends (stuffed bunnies). I still have all of my He-Man guys along with Castle Greyskull. Oh, and remember the California Raisins? I still have about 40 of those too! Lol

Still have my Super Ball from the mid 60's put away somewhere,I still have my toy dog from my 1st Christmas in1960.My Mom found a pic of my brother and I with it Christmas morning.

I still have most of my Die cast car collection from when I was a kid. I always loved anything automotive and if anyone was working on a car I was right there sitting on the fender watching and asking a million questions. Wish I still had my childhood bicycle collection though, I'd be RICH!

I know the bikes they used in the movie ET are rather rare but Id like to find one close to the one they used so I can display the ET in a cool way.

outskirtscustoms said:
I still have most of my Die cast car collection from when I was a kid. I always loved anything automotive and if anyone was working on a car I was right there sitting on the fender watching and asking a million questions. Wish I still had my childhood bicycle collection though, I'd be RICH!

This just made me remember... my dad and uncle had both received a shoe box each of Matchbox Superfast cars back when they were kids. Last time I saw those shoe boxes was 1985, they were still complete, each car in it´s little box... I have to go get that! :shock:

I had two stuffed monkeys a Curious George and a Sock Monkey. Well Georgie met his fate about 8 years ago I pulled him out to give to my son and he didn't stand the test of time. I still have the Sock Monkey type one but he looks "real" with fur and clothes. He sure does miss old George, they were best friends. I think my dad got me the Sock one and my mom got me George I can't remember that far back. When Ever I come across him he brings back some memories I keep him put up. My original Nintendo Deluxe Set really brings back the memories. It sits in its box by my playable Nintendo. I have a different one that is set up and I play it often. I have around 200 games for it and I buy "new" ones all the time. I really miss my old He-Man. I had it all. I think I would rather have the He-Man stuff than the Nintendo stuff.

I still have my first stuffed teddy, just a big brown teddy Bear. I will give it to my son as soon as he is old enought not to chew it up.

I used to have a stuffed Snoopy as a child and I loved that thing, dragged it everywhere, ran it over with my bikes, drug it through the mud, tried to flush it more than once. Finally my mom threw it away as it was falling apart but I recently found another one at a yard sale so now it sits on a shelf for when I have kids someday. Every time I look at it I still get that same smile.

Toys bring you back big time, but how about the first bike?
I remember that Christmas when my folks and grandparents gave me my first bike, it was a second hand one, fixed up at my granddad ´s body and paint shop.
Now that I think about it my first bike was built, not bought!!! :shock:

I remember my first BIG crash on it, scraped my knees, elbows and chin, I still have some small little stones in my chin and beard doesn't grow in that spot. I bleed an awful lot, and I got pretty scared, mom almost passed out when she saw me... all the blod in the t-shirt, haha it was a big one. I was around 6 years old.
After that my first BMX came along :mrgreen: wish I still had that one :cry:

Thinking back about bikes, brought back a memory. I was on my first bike (16" generic BMX) riding along the back of the apartments. The road ran next to the tracks. A train came speeding along (all things relative being small) and I wasn't about to let it beat me. I sped up and was actually beating it, looking to the lt to see the train - BAM!!!!!!! I slammed straight into the side of a parked station wagon! That hurt! I looked around embaressed and in much pain, don't think I could have walked away for a bit from it, got on my bike barely able to walk or breath and peddled away crying. Lol. Now that I'm a adult I think about what the owner must have thought about the damage. Darn kids!

I still remember my first bike (a big wheel) and my peddle car, a year later the big wheel looked like new and the peddle car looked like it just got done running a crash derby. My mom ended up giving the peddle car to my uncle and I don't know what happened to it after that but I'd sure love to have it again.

Onewheelsqueel said:
Thinking back about bikes, brought back a memory. I was on my first bike (16" generic BMX) riding along the back of the apartments. The road ran next to the tracks. A train came speeding along (all things relative being small) and I wasn't about to let it beat me. I sped up and was actually beating it, looking to the lt to see the train - BAM!!!!!!! I slammed straight into the side of a parked station wagon! That hurt! I looked around embaressed and in much pain, don't think I could have walked away for a bit from it, got on my bike barely able to walk or breath and peddled away crying. Lol. Now that I'm a adult I think about what the owner must have thought about the damage. Darn kids!

This brought back the time I was riding my bike off my street(big no no at 7 years old) and was watching myself peddle. Next thing I knew bamm face first in to the back of a moving truck. I wasn't going real fast but fast enough to face plant the roll up door. As I stood up nose bleeding and crying I realized I am in big trouble, how was i going to explain a busted nose and blood everywhere. Luckily I was able to sneak in the house and to my room before anyone noticed. My mom probably would have busted my nose again if she found out.

My first bike memory I got a bike for my 5th birthday and it got stolen 2 nights later along with my brothers bikes. It was a blue and yellow Huffy.

1978, man I was in the fifth grade, won a bike rodeo on a Schwinn Stingray, springer front end, 16 inch front wheel, drum brake, 5 speed, shock bannana seat.... oh sorry, and I still wasn't a cool kid in school I didn't have a BMX yet!

I still remember the time I was riding down to a shop called "Big Boyz Toyz" A shop that bought and sold old collectable hot wheels. (One of my favorite places to hang out at the time and only in business for about 6 months) Anyway I was riding my 10 speed and had just oiled the chain, adjusted the gears, and had her riding like new. I got there no problem but on the way home I forgot I had oiled the chain and had gotten some on the brake pads. I was going full speed and hit the brakes at a stop sign and nothing, then BAM! I'm flying over the roof of a Dodge Intrepid. When I woke up they were loading me into the ambulance and I was asking "Is the bike okay?" Broke my left wrist in 3 places, lots of road rash, and totaled the bike but other than that I was okay. My mom freaked out. A few weeks later my church took up a donation and bought me a brand new Magna Cliffhanger 21 speed mountain bike that I loved and rode into the ground.

Favorite bike was actually a peddle trike/chopper called a hotseat it had big fat plastic
The one wreck I will never forget I was about 12 and my aunt had stopped by in her new car and I was riding my 10 speed in the street and she howled out at me to watch her car and i looked up and asked her what she said and crashed right into it, luckily the only thing it did was leave black marks down the side from the handlebar foam that rubbed right out.

Back