Chico Build **Update 11/7/11**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a 24" bike I am working on now. I am going to go with a metalflake gold and black theme. not sure what kind of bike it is but am researching it now. It's a craigslist find and is pretty rusty. We'll see how it goes.

Chico1.jpg

Chico2.jpg

Chico3.jpg

Re: Chico Build

oh fun. don't know what ya got but looks good to me. that will be a fun build. I have a 55 hawthrone in a 24" size that I am doing. check it under STREET DIGGER. maybe it will help with your build. now get ta buildin.lol. :p

Outlaw 8)

seen the sprocket before but can't remember the bike. sorry. someone will come along an know.

Outlaw 8)

Zumo said:
We haven't had a chance to run the serial # on it so we have no idea what it is. Can you tell or can anyone else tell?
Looks like it could be a J.C. Higgins or poss a Rollfast. Chain guard is off a Shelby. Hope this helps :D

Re: Chico Build Update 11/7

chico4.jpg

I worked on the bike a little today. I tore it down completely and tried mocking it up a little bit on how I want. Again, it's a Shelco 24" Beach Cruiser, from India I am guessing? Not much on the net about them other than http://shelcobike.com/ web site.

chico5.jpg

I took the forks off a kids size 18" Stingray. They almost fit perfect. The threads on the headset tube are about 1/4 inch too short. The need to stick out so you can bolt the top part of the forks brace on it. I think I am going to cut it in the middle and graft a new piece in, we'll see. The fender is a front fender off a 26" cruiser. The cranks are 3 piece diamond back. I will need a new sprocket too. The handle bars are SE and the rims are off and SE 24" bike too. the seat will be set back further than that. Since this is a 24" bike it will be hard for someone over 5ft to rid this thing but we'll see.

The bike will be Metal flek gold frame with all other hardware black. Tires will be white wall balloon type.

That's all for now.

Cut a little off the neck, top or bottom instead of cutting the tube. Sulley

My brother suggested that too. I agree and think that will be the easier way to go too. I was worried about the integrity of the head tube but done right it should be ok. Thanks for the input guys.

Back