CHICAGO TAILDRAGGERS ~~~ Dec 12th Bricks Pizza & Zoo Lights

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a blow-out on the last ride I went on with this bike & Onewheelsqueel told me how tuff it was to change the tube, I thought to myself "ya I fixed flats before" but he was right this thing is a ***** to change. But got it ready for the ride....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was some tuff up hill spots but going down hill is always fun.... That little box on the back provided the music for the ride...

Before the ride I explained to everyone the importance of safety & riding in a group & sharing the road.

We had to take a detour due to some city work going on but it turned out pretty cool because it took us to the outskirts of Chinatown which wasn't part of my original route and thru a famous park...

Like I said give these boys credit because they put some serious miles on these little bikes... Future ratrodders...

This is one of our pitstops along the route a local tire shop had there air hose out so we can fill our tires... You'd be surprised how many people don't realize their tires are low...

We had to lift the seat on this bike to give his legs a little more room to stretch. Luckily we had a handful of bike mechanics...

Our halfway point was at this place called "working bikes" it's a non-for-profit organization that sends bikes all over the world to people needing them not just for fun but actual work and transportion situations...

All of these people are volunteers they refurbish the bikes to ship out... They also do local repairs with all the proceeds going to fund their mission...

This place is also like a museum. They have all these bike hanging from the ceiling that they come across from time to time... Not for sale but remember all these bikes are donated... Pretty cool... Check out this Monark Flo-cycle...

Here's a picture of my wife & myself we've been together since we were 12 years old so she's seen all of the bikes I had & always supported me so that's pretty cool.

Here's another shot of soldier field it was cloudy when we started but got sunny halfway thru the ride...

Back