"Cherry Bomber", '80 Laguna 3-bar.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1980 (I think) Laguna BMX/Bomber.

Before.
DSC03189.jpg

After.
forumbomber5.jpg

fourumbomber1.jpg

forumbomber3.jpg

forumbomber2.jpg

She's a rider.
forum2-14.jpg

it look's great , i like verry much the attencion to detail into the build it look's like it came that way out of the box :!:

i will give you 5 *****

Yeah! That rules.

This is what happens when a snobby BMXer gains an interest in Rat rods!

We're ruined!!!

Very well done, Randy.

I'll give it 5 stars and another star for the unusual footage of actually seeing Cam throw down on it!

6 (six) ****** stars!!!!!

Thanks for the comments guys, this was really a fun build.
I'm going to go ride it at the track tonite and if I can sneak my nads out of my wifes purse I'll post pics later of a geezer getting airborn lol.

*Edit*
For those that don't know me I'm the BMX track operator for Cherry Hill BMX in Idaho, I convinced our board of directors to let me build this bike for parades/promos. So they kicked me down a budget and I built the Bomber.
I'm thinking they need to build at least one new "track" bike every year. :D
Rich, I've been a ratrod biker most of my life, we just didnt know what to call it then, we just thought we were broke ..... building something cool on a budget. If you looked in my garage you'd think "this guy lives the rat lifestyle." lol. off the top of my head there are at least 20 completes and enough parts to build a dozen more out there. Eventually I will get around to fixing up (restoring if you could call it that.) some of the rats I built years ago

Well, even the last one you did had a lot of merit. I pale to consider the coolness you have in store for us.

The seat really does very well on the Bomber. I almost had Vanson make me a custom jacket using the same color scheme, just in different proportion. They wanted like $950 and it was gonna be out of horsehide. I took a pass.

Point is, I love the color scheme and you really seem to have a knack for coolness (Tonka truck beer cooler).

Cam made the whole getting airborne thing look easy. She flys straight, but I think gravity works more efficiently on old men.
I'll be looking into this hypothesis.
Anyone have Hawkings number?

forumoldmanjump.jpg

Cool in my book.

Concerning the hypothesis dealing with gravity and adults: I've seen a few adults large enough to generate their own gravitational force, so to see you misbehaving on the new creation, catching any air at all, is a big treat .

Self preservation and sensible living are probably more important than levitation at this stage of the game.

Thanks for the pictures, Randy. The bike truly is something else.

Latest posts

Back