Cheapie "TD One" Shifter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a cheapie TD One, 7 speed twist shifter that's broke...Anybody know if I can and/or what do I need to know in order to swap this out for something else (better)?

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Grip shifts are almost imposible to repair. A replacement will depend on what brand derailer you are using.

do yourself a favor and get a new one from your LBS. it should cost around 15 bucks and comes with a new cable already installed

Thanks! Just for the heck of it, this is what the derailleur looks like:
IMG_0096.jpg

Like I said CHEAP! I'll go see Mike at Cycle and Fitness and see what he can hook me up with!
Thanks.

maybe try to find an old basic shimano sis rear derail at the same time. it will work a lot better

If possible, bypass the sales guy and go directly to the shop guy and ask if he/they have any "take offs". EX: I needed a reverse brake lever for a project and it looked like i was going to have to shell out at least $ 30.00 for new. Turns out there was a perfectly good used (looks new) one in the mechanic's drawer for $ 5.00.

Back