cheap Electric motor batteries?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about those batt's. I'm not too sure about electric stuff, but, I think you might have to match the amp draw from the motor (w/load) to the load capabilities of the batteries. If the juice is sucked too fast from the batteries it'll kill em'. Then they won't ever hold a charge. How about a power wheels battery?

Two of the Ryobis would provide 36V - Two much for you 24V scooter motor. You would also need to know the amp hour rating before considering them.
The 12v Lithium Batteries have promise. I think 6300 milliAmpHours = 6 Amp Hours. If so, 4 of those lithiums could provide 24v/12AH if wired appropriately - very good for your 24v scooter motor. However, Lithium batteries require a BMS (battery management system) to prevent damage and prolong their life. I have no experience in building or selecting BMS's.
If you don't get the answers you need here, try the forums on endless-sphere.com. Some of those guys wire up lithium cells and assemble the BMS's.

I became curious about the 12v6ah lipos on EBay and posted them on the 'sphere myself. The spheroids said that these are "1C" Lipos, and would not have the amps to run a traction motor. They did say it would make a nice way to power a 12v headlight.

Back