Cheap bike light material !Bright!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found these lights last nite at Menards $13.99 for two. These are about 10 times the lumens of the multi led flashlights that most of you use. These are 180 lumens which if I remember right is about 20 watt halogen equivalent. These have a single Cree LED that I use on my lights that I modify but they cost more than the price of just one of these lights. And you need regulator and optic lens and a switch..The bike mount was not included.Oh and the battery holder is not a junk one.

dscf2430v.jpg

By null at 2011-02-01

dscf2431f.jpg

By null at 2011-02-01

I have one similar to that, I just use two reflector mounts to mount mine, one around the handle bar and the other around the flashlight. Then the reflector parts bolted together. I'll try to get a pic someday when it's not so cold.

These will be great for converting old bike lights into real lights. Take apart and use the parts.

Deal Extreme sells drop-in flashlight upgrades (up to a claimed output of 900 lumens). I've built a couple from $11 250 lumen 5-mode units. Fun to work with and low cost. the one picturied here was made from a broken stainless pepper mill. I've since upgraded the copper bezel. Will post a pic or two soon.

IMG00467-20100524-0930 by torchard1, on Flickr

Outback I think it is a buddy at work said it looked just like his. It just cost more.

Back