chain for my Burrito?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tylordurben said:
so i have my bike almost ready to ride, but i do not know what to do about the chain? a quick measuring tape shows its about 97" all the way around, give or take some inches.

so what do i do?

thanks.
Yaril
Go to walmart and buy several of their single speed chains and a chain tool. Connect the chains with the master links they come with and then use the tool to cut the chain to length. Should do ya fine.

So True! My Wallyworld cheapo broke right away! Bought a Park one for $14(i think) that has lasted forever! Except I almost broke it on a rusty skiptooth chain the other night! :roll: :x :roll:
L8 EM

TheDuke said:
So True! My Wallyworld cheapo broke right away! Bought a Park one for $14(i think) that has lasted forever! Except I almost broke it on a rusty skiptooth chain the other night! :roll: :x :roll:
L8 EM
Very true. I use a Park one in my tool kit at home, but I always keep a walmart one on me when I'm riding. That way, if it falls out of my pocket, or I lend it to someone and they hang on to it, or whatever, I'm not out $15. For a new chain, the cheap one will work just fine, but if you plan on doing a lot of this kinda thing, go for the Park one.

thanks again yall, bought 3 chains, used only 2 and had to remove a few links to make it work. but now at least by hand i can crank the cranks and the wheel spins! gonna have to clearance the rear tube by the rear wheel cause the chain slides on it. thanks again every one!

well, enjoy the pics i just put the chain on it a couple minutes ago, btw the bike is just over 7 feet long. :mrgreen:

DSCF1809Medium.jpg

DSCF1800Medium.jpg

Yaril

ahh, those interested this is the build thread to the bike:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6916

Back