Chain Bike Corp Thunderjet ?s

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Thunderjet from a thrift store today that I just had to have for my wife. Its been sitting up for a good while for sure but my wife being pretty short its hard to find a 26" bike that she can actually ride comfortably. I've not seen any other Chain Bike brand bikes locally myself and it being original pink/white makes it seem to me to be even little more unusual. I looked the bike over pretty well but never seen a single stamped serial number or anything at all. If it was supposed to have a head badge it is long gone. I'm wondering what year the bike more than anything but would love to find some more info about Chain Bike Corp in general. Thanks a lot!

20121016_135811 by jimmymasters, on Flickr

There were posts here in the past by member yeshoney of his Thunder Jets. I think if you google those you wil see a Thunder Jet headbadge. It says made in Rockaway Beach,NY There is good chance, looking at the frame and chain guard that these are rebranded bikes made by Rollfast. Or so I was told, this weekend at a Vintage Bicycle swap meet.

CBC is the parent company, Ross was their main badge. As far as I know, they didn't share anything with Snyder/Rollfast. BUT, they did apparently sell parts to Stelber, NY neighbors, and importer of weird Euro-cruisers in the 60s. 60s Iverson bikes seem to use CBC parts too. I thought the second digit of the serial, after the R, was the year. But, on another Ross thread, it was said the second and third was the year. Not much info available on them. -Adam

Back