Chad T Columbus OH

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello All,

I have met and gotten to know a few of the guys in the mbbo but haven't properly introduced myself.

Here's me in 1980.

6bz0.jpg

That bike was an old short cantilever frame that I painted Mopar Sub Lime with some nice Araya rims from a Yammaha suspension bike. I had probably just put the knobby on the back for the winter.

My main bike at that time was a Schwinn Traveler. I rode that 26 miles every day after school and could beat any moped in town.:cool:
so much energy then.

About 3 yrs ago I got this Schwinn Lil Tiger for my son and fixed it up. My first seat re-cover and probably still my best.

done3b.jpg

Last year at this time I was finishing this Midget Stingray for my son.

My first paint job. My painting has gotten better but this surprised me. I don't paint real well but I can sand and buff really good.

6124.jpg

Then of course I needed a Stingray for myself to ride with him. This was my first set of wheels I built on this bike. 1964 Stingray. The Toadster.

3TglBO.jpg

And the bike that brought me to this site. I was getting some parts from rfeagleye on here and he told me about the MBBO. This is my entry. Orange Lightning.

done8_zps245767c2.jpg~original

shifter5_zpsde17cd43.jpg~original

macro5_zpsba88705e.jpg~original

done9_zps6c6e81c2.jpg~original

brake2_zps7f7530d2.jpg~original

skid4_zps0c36076a.jpg~original

I've been on a few car forums over the years but this bike thing has just kind of swept over me. So much more creative freedom compared to what I could ever afford to do to a car. Building bikes is a blast and I'm blown away by the creations on here!

Got parts on the way for the next build. A Schwinn Scrambler.

blue10_zps87c71180.jpg~original

Nice meeting you all....just thought I should check in officially.

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm in New Albany, OH.. just about 15 minutes northeast of downtown. Hope to meet ha in person one day! Nice looking bikes!

Back