Century find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really excited about this Century/Schwinn I just acquired from a friend. I posted under ID asking for help with Century info and bike ID. The repaint is nasty so I'm unsure at this point which direction to go.

CenturySchwinn003.jpg

Thank you all for your responses. Like I said, I am excited because it is the oldest and most complete bike I've found. I will not sell it because it was basically given to me by a good friend. I plan to try the oven cleaner method to remove the hand-job paint, but if that does not work....................don't know.

Are the Schwinn private badged bikes like this Century, or a Packard, or a Cadilac considered special? Are they then more or less collectible than if they had the regular Schwinn badge?

Great find! I'd do a test spot and see what is under the repaint and go from there. Polish the chrome bits and ride it till the wheels fall off.

outskirtscustoms said:
Great find! I'd do a test spot and see what is under the repaint and go from there. Polish the chrome bits and ride it till the wheels fall off.

I would try some fine compound or wetsanding with some 1200 grit sandpaper first. I saw it up close and think there is some salvageable original paint under there.

Back