CCM Balloon and Monark Silver King Scores

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been wanting both of these bikes for about 15 years and am feeling the stoke! The 1950 CCM is a Canadian made balloon tire bike which is quite rare [ CCM made many of the 28"X 1 3/4" wheel sized bikes but very few ballooners ] I picked it up at our local bike swap recently here in Vancouver and found the correct chainguard for it at the same swap.It rides solid and straight and will be kept in the condition you know see it in.

The Monark Silver King is one of those bikes with really great styling...usually out of my price range but when this frame came up a decent price I jumped right on it.Does anybody know how to date these? I have started a mock-up and am shooting for the bmx/ custom/ beach cruiser style with this one so have picked out some mongoose pro class rims, a rear bendix red-band hub, a front sealed J&P products hub and a Cook Bros fork, Will likely build an old stock cantilver brake onto the front end with plans to add a Tuf Neck stem and Skull Skates cruiser bars. That's about as much as I have planned currently...2 nice rides and 1 stoked human!!!

IMG_8923.jpg

IMG_8903.jpg

IMG_8902.jpg

IMG_8905.jpg

IMG_8913.jpg

IMG_8909.jpg

IMG_8908.jpg

IMG_8914.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg

IMG_8906.jpg

IMG_8925.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

IMG_8932.jpg

IMG_8933.jpg

IMG_8934.jpg

Rat Rod said:
Really love that CCM....the color combo and styling is killer. :wink:

Yeah, that's one bad machine! I would love to have one of those. The colors, the lines, it's all sweet.

Excellent scores! I hope your just gonna leave the CCM all original paint. You don't find CCM balloon tires with original paint that are that nice very often thats for sure. My 50' balloon looks identical except just a single bar.
Bikes3157.jpg

Oh, and I want your sign :D

Those are both awesome! I think the truss rods on the ccm are new, having that hex head bolt, not that it makes a diff! I think the Silver King serial #'s were stamped into the BB? I have a # list for those if you find one! -adam

hotrodbob that single bar CCM lools killer! you are close to the birthplace of CCM products, nice! will not be painting mine [ no touch ups either ], just adding the chainguard and randomly cuddling while rolling the hood. the Monark now that's another story, it's gonna be a full blown custom, could not locate the serial # but will wrestle it down and take a closer look.

Back