Can this be chopped Dad?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Well.... I know that I have way to many projects going on in the garage but how could i say no to my baby girl. While helping me work on the Dyno cruiser my daughter grew a very strange look in her eyes. A look that I am sure I have had many many times. I realize that she is staring at her broken down bike sitting in the corner with her wheels upstairs spinning. I let her ponder her thoughts and the question finally came...... " hey Dad, can that bike be chopped?" I asked if she had any ideas and she spit out some good thoughts! So after a few minor rule explanations, away we went!

Rule#1 = Have to have shop clothes on (or Mom will kill us)
Rule#2 = She has to tear down and reassemble
Rule#3 = If we start, we finish
and FINALLY--- Rule#4 = At NO time can Justin Bieber music be heard in the shop!!!!

This should be a very rewarding project! Have no clue where we are going with this but it will be a fun adventure.

IMG-20120215-00307.jpg

Of course the shop shirt has to be bike related

IMG-20120215-00308.jpg

That was a cool looking project Chips. Kinda funny that you posted that because little does my baby know, I ordered a set of stingray wheels and tires this morning for her. Thought I could get her mind spinning even faster when she sees those!

slowriderz said:
That was a cool looking project Chips. Kinda funny that you posted that because little does my baby know, I ordered a set of stingray wheels and tires this morning for her. Thought I could get her mind spinning even faster when she sees those!
She'll love that! Having fun with our kids and sharing with others in the hobby is what it all about for me!

well in all honesty... she has been my shop sidekick for some time now! This is the first time she has asked to tackle her own project. Heck... get after it kiddo! Im going to love every second of watching her creativity bloom.

Ok ok.... Not to be a picture tease but I am on my phone with no way to upload tonight. I just couldn't wait to share our afternoon. Got home from work to a couple boxes on the stoop. Tires wheels and tubes. Called my daughter into the shop and said " I think this junk belongs to you". Boy the look on her face when she pulled out the 20 x 4.25 tires! Priceless!!!!! After we wrestled them onto the new wheels we had to quit for the night. I think she may now understand what chainstays are and what the need to "chop" means. Lol... Pics to come first thing in the morning. Have a great night all!

As promised. Here are some pictures of the wheels and tires for her new project. I dont know about her but my mind was racing all night long about what we plan to do next.

IMG-20120223-00349.jpg

IMG-20120223-00351.jpg

IMG-20120223-00350.jpg

Her girlfriend thought we were both crazy! "and why is your dad taking pictures of wheels?" she asked

IMG-20120223-00352.jpg

I am loving this story and this build!!!
MO FATTA MO BETTA!!!!!!

She is going to have a bad little ride!!!!

Thanks for the support guys! I am really enjoying the time with my little girl. She is #3 of 4. The oldest boy will be off to college soon, the middle (13) daughter is fully engaged in volley ball, dance and pretty much teenage girl stuff that "dads dont understand" and then the youngest..... well he is a bit to young for the bike game for now at almost 5 months old. but I have started a project for him as well.... viewtopic.php?f=21&t=50913&p=492840&hilit=micro+cruiser#p492840
I have to be honest in saying that I thought she would have lost interest a couple years ago in helping me in the garage. I think she has my mindset now. not sure if thats good or bad hahaha

Very cool project! Way to GO DAD!!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back