Can the RRBBO be won...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true, it's about the fun of the build. This will be my first RRBBO so I'm excited. Can't wait to start building. I don't care if I win I'll just build an awesome bike. :mrgreen:

I plan to enter with a cantilever, but that could change if I come up on the right project in the meantime. I suppose that I could just recycle (no pun intended) last year's entry, which I've already stripped back down to the frame and fork...

Not asking on a personal level, I'm not winning material, I'm just excited about the shotgun start. No, I'm just looking alot at builds and photos and it seems to me that tanks are hot and cantilever frames just don't rise to the level of an older tank style frame. I've got both, my RRBBO frame will be a canti and unless originality strikes, no tank for me.

I know last year's winner was a tank, what about past years?

I love canti frames, it's just that you can put a really old one beside a new one and there's not much separating them.

yoothgeye said:
I love canti frames, it's just that you can put a really old one beside a new one and there's not much separating them.

I think a winning canti has got to play with that arcing shape... find a way to flow with those lines, and make something magical happen. Or, you just need to bolt a whole lot of rusty crap on it. :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

Can't wait, I might be going tankless on my cantilever frame, so who knows, maybe I'll win :mrgreen: I know I'd win youngest to enter :lol:

I think its fun to build something unusual and see how it stacks up to the popular styles. It doesn't matter if its a girls bike or a mountain bike, just have fun building it.

for me, its just about being part of something as big as what rrbbo has become. i dont for a minute think i can win, and i dont care. just want to join in the fun, hopefully get my kids involved,and read what everyone else is doing. 8)

gowjobs said:
yoothgeye said:

............ make something magical happen. Or, you just need to bolt a whole lot of rusty crap on it. :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

that's awesome! :lol:

Karfer is putting a bike together for this one, no one else should hold there breath hoping to win. Dude's got mad skills. Most people vote for a winner, lest their vote be wasted. That's why you see 2 or 3 bikes with 80+ votes.

BUT, I still participate at every one. I don't care about winning, 'cause it's the best venue for a build report. You'll get more views here than anywhere else on the site. And I get to build something really crazier than I normally would do. I like to stay away for my normal "Stark Raving Minimumalist" quality for my non-contest builds.

This year's bike will finally be closer to the tank bikes that everybody likes so much. I managed to get a Murray 26" wheeled frame, stuff is hard to find locally.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Double Nickle said:
I cant wait! I got BIG plans 8)
Looks like I lose :roll: :lol:
You have the same chance if not better than I do at winning. Gas money will affect my build more than anything this year. Just taking a trip to the LBS will tack on another $5-$10 to anything that I buy!

Back