Can anyone here build me a frame?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Not sure if this belongs in the wanted section or if it's okay here.

I'm looking for someone to build me an early board tracker frame. I'll post some photos when I get a chance. No need to be accurate to one manufacturer. Rear facing dropouts and ground down or braced looking welds. Bike will be motorized.

If anyone is interested, please pm me or email Robert burns jr101 at yahoo

Thank you

Complete bike for $499--http://sportsmanflyer.com/shop/bicycles/board-track-racer-pedal-bicycle/ Add your own parts; will be hard to find a frame for less than $500

Thank you Bicycle808. I'll have to do this if I can't find anyone else. I'm worried about the tube thickness. I think his bicycle frame is thinner wall when compared to his heavyweight frame.

$500 is my budget for the frame.

Thank you Bicycle808. I'll have to do this if I can't find anyone else. I'm worried about the tube thickness. I think his bicycle frame is thinner wall when compared to his heavyweight frame.

$500 is my budget for the frame.

Yeah, looks like the main tubes are 11g vs 13g, so definitely the motorbikes are heavier duty. Still, .09" is pretty beefy.... but i'd worry more that he uses a standard Worksman rear-end on the bike frame... Plenty of ppl are motorizing Worksman frames, but it's definitely not that HD for the application-- it's 5/8" diameter 16g mild steel, and the dropouts are especially vexing, b/c they're paper-thin.

Yeah, looks like the main tubes are 11g vs 13g, so definitely the motorbikes are heavier duty. Still, .09" is pretty beefy.... but i'd worry more that he uses a standard Worksman rear-end on the bike frame... Plenty of ppl are motorizing Worksman frames, but it's definitely not that HD for the application-- it's 5/8" diameter 16g mild steel, and the dropouts are especially vexing, b/c they're paper-thin.

Pat updated his website with the option of buying the frame (and added new truss rods). The frame is going for $300 which is a great deal. Even though it's different from the style I wanted to go for (wanted a diamond style earlier Harley) I'm going for it. Thank you all for your suggestions-Rob

Pat updated his website with the option of buying the frame (and added new truss rods). The frame is going for $300 which is a great deal. Even though it's different from the style I wanted to go for (wanted a diamond style earlier Harley) I'm going for it. Thank you all for your suggestions-Rob

True. I'll test it out. My Whizzer has 2000 miles on it and has a standard Schwinn frame with the same tube thickness with no twist or damage. Pat says his frame will hold up with a 160cc

I built quite a few frames. 18 ga is pretty thin. 16ga will weld without
any burn through and throw a stick of 12 in a roller bender and
you will have a serious workout before you get a curve in it.
Not sure what your planning on doing with a bike but you seem
to need some serious steel in a frame. Maybe a little overkill.

Aftermarket Harley frames are 12ga

Back