calling all Xperts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Alright, I need some info on this fresh barn find. What is odd on this one is the long head tube, forged forks, glue on tires, and weird little semi-circle piece in the frame near the crank. It has New Departure hubs. Any body know anything about this thing?
Thanks.
Girlsbike001.jpg

Girlsbike002.jpg

Girlsbike007.jpg

Girlsbike003.jpg

Ok, after looking online some, it may be a CCM, but the serial number doesn't match the info given on the Help Indentfy forum. The serial number on the bottom of the crank is G16485. Also haven't seen anything with the circle piece in the frame yet.
Any help here fellas?

Bump! This is my next project.
Phil, have you run across anything yet?
other small details...
It has flat 28" metal rims for the glue-on tire/tube.
It has a ND Model A rear hub.
It's got a bike plate on it that reads FWBL (Fort Worth Bike License) Sept 49. Any way to track it that way?
There has been some speculation that the sprocket is Hawthorne, but Phil has said that it could have been used on other bikes too.
Any help would be appreciated.

Oak Tree said:
Bump! This is my next project.
Phil, have you run across anything yet?
other small details...
It has flat 28" metal rims for the glue-on tire/tube.
It has a ND Model A rear hub.
It's got a bike plate on it that reads FWBL (Fort Worth Bike License) Sept 49. Any way to track it that way?
There has been some speculation that the sprocket is Hawthorne, but Phil has said that it could have been used on other bikes too.
Any help would be appreciated.

I am no expert, but this would be $.02:

I don't think it is CCM/Canadian. It's not lugged, has a one piece crank (as opposed to the three piece cottered setup most foreign bikes have)
I think 20's is probably the right vintage... though I guess 30's isn't out of place either... I would guess the steel singletube rims put it towards the later end of the singletube era. I doubt it is older than 20's at the oldest because the headset looks like 1" threaded and the stem looks like a standard bolt/adjuster type. I know I've seen that sprocket before, but as you said it may not be of much help in identification.

I KNOW I've seen that little semi circular bit elsewhere. Hopefully someone else will recognize it... the fork crown area also looks familiar.

If it is any help:

On the Shelby bikes I have had, the thread on the fork is slightly different from that of regular 1" threaded forks. Regular headset hardware just didn't go. Also, the bb cups are a little bit different from other vintage bb cups; they are more square/deeper where the bearing race is (typically, the bearings cups are more bowl-like, but Shelby cups seem more cup like. I know that is an awful explanation, pictures would be much better...)

Some good shots of the dropouts *might* help towards an ID.

Beautiful old bike at the very least! :mrgreen:

Cool bike, I too believe that somewhere on here there has been a post with a pic of a girls bike with that "circle piece" on the frame.
So...Would your new build happen to be keeping the drop stand? I'd be interested if it was going to the parts shelf :D

Yea, keeping everything. Been watching the how-to-recover-a-seat forum. Gonna need some big wheels. I've got some spokes for 28s, but no wheels and skinny tires. May have to go with 27s. Anybody got any for...say...free?
Gonna paint it black as i am sure it was before, with no much chrome.
thanks for the input, guys

I also have the same frame but not sure what it is. I do know that someone made a mess of the repaired brazing job they did! :cry:
bike00250.jpg

Latest posts

Back