cable routing on frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello guys.

anyone have a cool way of holding brake and gear cables in place on a bicycle frame? besides drilling holes and routing them internally that is?

i'm using small zip ties currently but i feel they ruin the look of a bike. its a small thing but it really bugs me.

anyone got a cool fix? btw my bike frame's already painted, so brazing on cable eyelets are out. haha

TIA!

I used metal wire stays that you can find in electronics places. I epoxied them onto the frame (low profile) and then used bondo to smooth the lip and edges down, paited over them and then clipped the cables in.
Sorry, I wish I had pix, bu that bike was before I had a digital camera

stephen said:
How about the largest zip ties? When the excess is trimmed off they look better than thin ones, more like proper cable holders. Don't forget to sand before - if you spraypaint it.

hmmm larger ties....thats a very valid point. i'll go dig out the bigger zipties and see how that goes...

well, i had some free time today so i did some work on my home lathe...

decided not to be lazy and try to make my own cable clamps in the end. after some trial and error, decided on these..... but unfortunately these only work in certain circumstances
2620930252_fe6bdb6099_b.jpg

Back