Buster 7

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Starting with this Rhino Buster MXxxxxxxx with #7 plate.

Buster (3).JPG

Buster (6).JPG

Been very busy. Replacing the kitchen floor. Out with the very old linoleum, masonite underlay and the beadboard flooring. In with new solid oak. stained and drying now. Poly the next 2 days. Then refinish the breakfast nook and all the quarter round and install. then install new entry steps, entry trim and metal treads on the new steps.

Finished up A Rusty Troad today while the stain was drying. And filed a police report for 3 stolen bikes.

IMG_1407.JPG

back to it with the deadline just a week away and I've got other commitments on 3 of those days.

Plenty of source material sitting in the yard. The ef Varsities keep multiplying. I have a about 30 now. I think we should have a Varsity build off contest some time.

Buster dismanteled, stickers mostly removed with a heat gun. I only kept the Busters on the top tube and fork. Cleaned several times over. It was dirty and scummy. Some areas could use some touch up but it's too late no. tool cold out to paint and time is limited.

Hand brakes won't be going back on. Both levers were broken, the calipers are yellow (ugh). The rear wheel has a coaster brake anyhow.
The top tube is curved and expands in size. I can feel a bunch of ripples on the underside from the bending process. I may yet cut the cable guides off. frame waxed and polished for now. 2004 mfd.

IMG_5791.JPG
IMG_5792.JPG
IMG_5793.JPG
Img_5794.jpg
IMG_5842.JPG
Img_5843.jpg

Last edited:
Ah yes, I can remember such phones, from when I was very, very young. We still have a chunky socket in the kitchen in our country home, here in Poland, and I remember that we had sockets on the wall in our 1950s apartment that were designed for telephones, but never had one plugged in, and by then they were already out of date and we had a modern socket installed instead ;)

5 inches of that evil white stuff. Now where did those handlebars go...

IMG_5899.JPG

Out for a brief test ride. Okay, the ergonomics are truly horrible for me. Long reach, seat way too low. My hips and knees and back were screaming to stop doing that. I got in about a 200 yard ride. Now resting on the couch. Worked better as a strider, especially on the icy spots. Would be a blast if it were motorized, like a mini cafe racer.

rear tire is a 2.35, front is a 2.0 flame tread. New black banana seat instead of the vintage white seat. Trying to keep the colors to a minimum. One oddity is the front is heavier than the rear end. Mostly due to that fork.

Img_5903.jpg

IMG_5904.JPG

IMG_5905.JPG

IMG_5909.JPG

IMG_5885.JPG

Last edited:
Have you considered lifting the handlebars to closer to the level of the seat to make it more comfortable to ride?

I love the innertubes on the handlebars :)

Its the seat to crank distance that is the problem. I'd need it up about 1 foot higher and it's already maxed out. The look I'm going for calls for lowering the seat. The rules say it has to be ride-able which it is, just not comfortably by me.

I did the inner tube on the bars on my bo entry in 2022, RBAF. A 27 x 1 & 1/4 tube is the right size to use.
83abb4556316878727319569abe4a5c3.jpg

Nah, the problem is the high bottom bracket, the long crank arms, the seat not high enough and my rather inflexible joints.

Its the seat to crank distance that is the problem. I'd need it up about 1 foot higher and it's already maxed out. The look I'm going for calls for lowering the seat. The rules say it has to be ride-able which it is, just not comfortably by me.

I did the inner tube on the bars on my bo entry in 2022, RBAF. A 27 x 1 & 1/4 tube is the right size to use.
83abb4556316878727319569abe4a5c3.jpg
I really like the inner tube bar cover. Looks slick

Latest posts

Back