built me a saddle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made myself a new saddle Saturday, I wanted a bobber style saddle that would also push the postion of the seat further over the back wheel.

Started off with two old skateboards, one adult one child. Took the childs trucks apart and attached the truck hanger to the rear brake mount. This gave me the bottom axles for the rear suspension units (It's at this point I realised that the two mtb suspension units were different lengths). Next I cut the back of the adult skateboard to shape and attached the other childs trucks to the bottom. I bolted the seatpost to the front to test and it's quite comfy. I still need to figure out how to hinge the front so that the springs work and I also nee to lower it but here's some pics

7_1.jpg

7_2.jpg

7_3.jpg

7_4.jpg

7_5.jpg

Should I coat it in brown leather with brass studs or sand it and give it a nice teak varnish????

Looks heavy cool, but don´t you fear riding a "wolf" (in Germany it is called so) between your thighs ...?!

regards, Paule

I think he means your gentleman's parts, It's actually more comfortable than any of my regular bike saddles. Forgot to say that the seat post is a slightly smaller gauge than the tube so it moves up and down under compression.

B607 said:
What are you calling a wolf? The seat or the bike? :? Gary

Oh, no! Difficult to explain for me. It´s the pain you get between your upper-legs, because of the contact with the saddle-edge.

regards, Paul

nomoregears said:
B607 said:
What are you calling a wolf? The seat or the bike? :? Gary

Oh, no! Difficult to explain for me. It´s the pain you get between your upper-legs, because of the contact with the saddle-edge.

regards, Paul
...Ahhhh, but if you ride sitting up (cruiser style) it would not be so bad...like riding a rottwieler or German shepherd :? and if you hit a bump, it would be like a bite in the tushy :shock: DOWN!!! BAD DOG :lol: :lol:

..but seriously, that is a very neat concept. What would be cool is if you can figure out a way to attach some sort of ball/socket pivot in the end of the seat post to allow -side-to-side motion and utilizing the independent suspension while maintaining the hight. Then you would be riding with a Collie or Cocker Spaniel between your legs. :lol: sorry I just had to say it :oops:

I kept seeing this thread but refused to click on it thinking that whatever the result it could only be lame.
Once again this group is an ingenious and resourceful one. I should not have been so pessimistic.
That seat is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing.

That is the coolest thing I have seen on here this month. I will be copying that one for sure. Note to self: B.O.L.O. for Goodwill skateboards. And I vote wood finish. Hang two bro!

Back