BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like stated, there is no deadline for joining the build-off, but people following (ultimately voting) like to see a progression and have something to follow.

Some of us see it as bad form to post 1 post in the final days with a start and finish picture all on one post as your "build."

Widening rear stays... Cutting & sectioning in about a 3/8" piece in the middle of the loops where they meet near the BB and also up near the seat tube.. Legal per BO rules, or no? I couldn't fine the list of rules (from my Tapatalk ap..) Hope I explained that good enough^^

Critter1 said:
Widening rear stays... Cutting & sectioning in about a 3/8" piece in the middle of the loops where they meet near the BB and also up near the seat tube.. Legal per BO rules, or no? I couldn't fine the list of rules... Hope I explained that good enough^^

RULES

I'm having a hard time understanding, I think you mean cutting what would be the upper fender or rear brake mount and the chainstay brace and adding more material to make the rear fit something wider right ? I'd look over rule #3 ... or let Steve decide :wink:

CCR said:
Critter1 said:
Widening rear stays... Cutting & sectioning in about a 3/8" piece in the middle of the loops where they meet near the BB and also up near the seat tube.. Legal per BO rules, or no? I couldn't fine the list of rules... Hope I explained that good enough^^

RULES

I'm having a hard time understanding, I think you mean cutting what would be the upper fender or rear brake mount and the chainstay brace and adding more material to make the rear fit something wider right ? I'd look over rule #3 ... or let Steve decide :wink:
yep that's right. I may not have to do it, but it's a thought thy crossed my mind considering my wheel/fender choice. Just wanted clarification.

Exactly, imagine the profile of your frame, trace it onto cardboard, if in the end it still fits the profile, you're good (as long as you didn't do something too crazy, like cut out the rear triangle and make a matching one that fits a truck tire). A little widening for fat tires has been done and is being done.

You guys need to slow down......what are you gonna do for the last 2 and a half months? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hmmm... 75 entries already and it's only the second day. This looks like it's going to be quite a contest. Enter? don't enter! Enter? don't enter! Hmmm...

The list is growing and growing!! This will outdo last years buildoff cuz most of y'all have HOTT bikes already. Bazingga!! Lol GTB Ratters!! Peace

yoothgeye said:
Gold Street Customs said:
yoothgeye said:
I'll start a thread for you Kingfish. :roll:
I think you could call his build "Missing In Action" :lol:

I like it!

M.I.A. Here. Having a hard time seeing the threads on my cell phone over WiFi . Sounds like the BO is off to a great start. Doubt I will be checking in much at our next stop. We will be in Bali, Indonesia tomorrow.
Git to building my RRB brothas!

kingfish254 said:
M.I.A. Here. Having a hard time seeing the threads on my cell phone over WiFi . Sounds like the BO is off to a great start. Doubt I will be checking in much at our next stop. We will be in Bali, Indonesia tomorrow.
Git to building my RRB brothas!

Come back to us, you have work to do and it's not fair that you live in a vacation town *and* get to go on a vacation. :mrgreen:

The way I think I will deal with all the posts this year is; I will read them all on the weekends. During the week, I will have more time for building :D

Craiggo said:
The way I think I will deal with all the posts this year is; I will read them all on the weekends. During the week, I will have more time for building :D

I have a program that downloads all the new posts, then it reads them into an mp3 file and when I go to bed at night I play it in my sleep through my iPod. Restful.

yoothgeye said:
Craiggo said:

I have a program that downloads all the new posts, then it reads them into an mp3 file and when I go to bed at night I play it in my sleep through my iPod. Restful.

Sounds perfect, I already have a lot of posts to catch up on.There are quite a few builds going already :D

OKAY THEN, I WONT BE SCREAMING IN YOUR DREAMS!!!!

Back