BUILD OFF #6 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunny hop?
I'm not even able to do a short wheelie on my build... :shock:

I think ridable = functional.
If a hypothetically normal person of your choice (kid or adult) could ride the bike without (too much) trouble then it's a 'ridable' bike in my eyes. A pic or vid of someone riding our builds would be fun.

herr_rudolf said:
Bunny hop?

You have a mountain bike frame, looks very solid to me, I'd be hopping curbs with that bike.

herr_rudolf said:
If a hypothetically normal person of your choice (kid or adult) could ride the bike without (too much) trouble then it's a 'ridable' bike in my eyes. A pic or vid of someone riding our builds would be fun.

Exactly, the bike needs to be functional, ridable by someone, there has been a childs tricycle in the build-off before. Basically this all means, no show pieces or artwork only bikes.

yoothgeye said:
herr_rudolf said:
Bunny hop?

You have a mountain bike frame, looks very solid to me, I'd be hopping curbs with that bike.

herr_rudolf said:

Exactly, the bike needs to be functional, ridable by someone, there has been a childs tricycle in the build-off before. Basically this all means, no show pieces or artwork only bikes.

My idea of 'functional':
I only meant that the basic parts that make a bike should 'work' imho:
While riding, pedals and cranck will have to be able to rotate. The bars will have to be able to steer.
Nothing more nothing less.

I'd LOVE to see some art/showpiece-only bikes that are (just) able to do that.

---

My bike solid enough for a bunnyhop? Yes, the bike is very rigid.
It's the position of the seat and bars that make me stick to the ground.

That, ...and my weight... :oops:

yoothgeye said:
All of you seem to have given up, I need to hear some people with a little "try" in them.

YEAH! Remember, there's no "I" in QUIT!!!

oh wait.... yes there is.............. :wink:

Well here I am catching up on the thread and just thinking to myself as I am reading, are these guys drinking already, it's not even Friday yet!? :shock: :lol: The stuff that come up on this thread really cracks me up sometimes. Knock off this silliness and get to work on those bikes! :!:

Petrohead said:
Well here I am catching up on the thread and just thinking to myself as I am reading, are these guys drinking already, it's not even Friday yet!? :shock: :lol: The stuff that come up on this thread really cracks me up sometimes. Knock off this silliness and get to work on those bikes! :!:

Ah, you have a weightproblem too, huh..?
...and too shy to admit it.
:mrgreen:

herr_rudolf said:
Petrohead said:

Ah, you have a weightproblem too, huh..?
...and too shy to admit it.
:mrgreen:

I might be a little shy but the only problem with weight is weighting for tomorrow to come so I can work on my bike!

yoothgeye said:
I'm 200 lbs (that's pounds, not local bike shops) and I can bunny hop onto a curb.

Ehem.... Here is a shot at a skate park in my home town. This is not even my bike, it was some kid who was there and let me borrow it. My friends "dared me" so here is this bad phone shot but maybe Yoothgeye will leave me alone now. One might wonder why I need knee surgery. If I can do this at 30 sumpthin' years old I think I can handle the curb :wink:

Sk8Parkbike.jpg

Petrohead said:
maybe Yoothgeye will leave me alone now. One might wonder why I need knee surgery. If I can do this at 30 sumpthin' years old I think I can handle the curb :wink:

Nope, this 30 something isn't gonna leave it alone until I see some of these build off bikes being beat on.

Gold Street Customs said:
30 something :lol:
I lost count somewhere in there. One thing I have realized with is there is more important things to think about than your age! With age comes wisdom!

Nope, this 30 something isn't gonna leave it alone until I see some of these build off bikes being beat on.[/quote]
That will take a little work because much like Hurr, my bike was design to stay to the ground.

Petrohead said:
That will take a little work because much like Hurr, my bike was design to stay to the ground.

Would you at least ride it off a curb? Maybe pop up the front wheel a little when doing so?

Skrufryder said:
Hey every day is a good day for beer! How are you supposed to work on a bike with out one?

Maybe you're into it right now considering I don't see what this is in response to. haha

Petrohead said:

To be honest I think I might have had a little to much last night. ended the night with watermelon beer from 21st admendment. it was called Come heck Or Watermelon!

yoothgeye said:
Petrohead said:

Would you at least ride it off a curb? Maybe pop up the front wheel a little when doing so?

Wow. I tried today on a test run of some changes to the bike and the back end is not coming off the ground without a lot of effort. As far as jumping it off the curb, no problem. I guess I will get you a shot of that.

To be honest I think I might have had a little to much last night. ended the night with watermelon beer from 21st admendment. it was called Come h*** Or Watermelon![/quote]
Hmmmm. Watermelon beer, huh? Sounds interesting. We are hitting 100 degrees this week and if you are gonna have a beer, watermelon sound good!

Back