BUILD OFF 4 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want a lathe very cool. yea lug it to nor cal then sensor and i can have a pinstriping bash on it :lol:

no tooling and it is missing a few things. sorry this highjacked the thread but I was excited. I did however find this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Di ... umber=5980
05980.gif

ok gentlemen! what`s the proper protocol to make a frame change! :? i`ve got 3 wks. invested in this build,and i`ve gotten nowhere! :x :x between headset reducers,a special ordered headset that would work with the reducers,since standard 1"cups wont,and then having that combo add over 1/2" to the headtube length,making forkset #2 too short! :x forkset #3,was built with a 50`s girls higgins fork,re cut and threaded,mated to the monark springer. didnt look as good,but everything fit. guess what?the steering tube from the girls higgins,wont work with a 1" stem! :x just need some feedback from you guys,or steve,about changing frames. :? sorry about the ranting! :wink:

that is the better combo machine there, it has some auto feeds on it, good score there Scott,and I DO know how to use it too, :D as karfer and sensor know

yep yep as for a frame change i say that if you start with a whole nother frame sure why not? your still building it all up once again so no harm no foul. sounds like a jc higgins frame which can drive one batty trying to figure out what headset will work. and i think with the 1 1/8 to 1 reducers you need a threaded bmx 1" headset i think

texasbigjon said:
ok gentlemen! what`s the proper protocol to make a frame change! :? i`ve got 3 wks. invested in this build,and i`ve gotten nowhere! :x :x between headset reducers,a special ordered headset that would work with the reducers,since standard 1"cups wont,and then having that combo add over 1/2" to the headtube length,making forkset #2 too short! :x forkset #3,was built with a 50`s girls higgins fork,re cut and threaded,mated to the monark springer. didnt look as good,but everything fit. guess what?the steering tube from the girls higgins,wont work with a 1" stem! :x just need some feedback from you guys,or steve,about changing frames. :? sorry about the ranting! :wink:
1. You can only enter one bike in the build off (can change bikes once if needed)

If 37fleetwood is allowed to build machine tools, you should be allowed to change frames. :lol: :wink:

thanks guys,just wanted to make sure! :D probably switch to an early post war rollfast frame. then again...i could join the outlaw ladies posse with a pre war hawthorne! :lol: some sleep and a tape measure will tell! :wink:

deorman said:
If 37fleetwood is allowed to build machine tools, you should be allowed to change frames. :lol: :wink:
Hmmm... lathe/mill/drill bike! Hmmm.. the possibilities are endless!!! :lol: :roll:

yo, bigjon, yes, join the Lady's pack. oh yeah, another Lady's bike. i know all ya little boy bikes are gettin scared, an a spankin we will do, lol.

Outlaw

some how if we all got together i can picture outlaw running around with one of those cricket paddles whacking everyone. and the paddle would have to have "lady bikes rule" painted on it :lol:

Just in case anyone MISSED this!

OUTLAW......I"LL BE BACK....for yours!

007-7.jpg

kota, like i said before my friend, looks like ya got yourself a nice Lady's bike, now are ya man enough to ride it? lol.

oh yeah, a crickett to go a wacking,can't say spanking, someone doesn't like that word. so a wacking the Lady's pack will go.lol

Outlaw

I don't know OUTLAW, Silver Kween (mine) and Victoria hold the recod for the most votes, in a RRBBO, for a "ladies" bike. That would be 6 votes each!.......We were SOOOO ahead of our time. :lol:

Back