Build Off 11 Countdown = Only 00 Days To Go!! Let the wacky races begin!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I enter my bike will be called "Polish Panther".

Lola-T165-70-e1453084167369.jpg
If you enter and your bike can do what the car does, I want to take it for a cruise.

Chad, I'm guessing a Panther frame is involved, and some possible heritage? :wink1: I am busy with the finishing touches on the BACK40 bike shed. Had the first 'happy hour' out there last night when the temps finally broke 70 in 2016. Mulling over ideas for BO-11.....this is my new think tank.....
View attachment 21596 View attachment 21597 View attachment 21598
Shop looks good OJ, dig the stain glass door.

If you enter and your bike can do what the car does, I want to take it for a cruise.

Shop looks good OJ, dig the stain glass door.
Thou hast an artful eye, my beer guzzling theater denizen! This is actually a mixed media piece; burlap and fabric squares glued to a masonite board and then the squares painted with an acrylic chaulk with a design painted over the top. BUT, the intent was to create a "stained glass" effect. One of my mt bike racing buddies and good friend did this as an art student 20 yrs ago in college.

Chad, I'm guessing a Panther frame is involved, and some possible heritage? :wink1: I am busy with the finishing touches on the BACK40 bike shed. Had the first 'happy hour' out there last night when the temps finally broke 70 in 2016. Mulling over ideas for BO-11.....this is my new think tank....

Well The Panther is probably not the kind of Panther you're thinking of.....and neither is the polish...:)

If you enter and your bike can do what the car does, I want to take it for a cruise..

My favorite car. 1969 Lola Can Am car somebody converted into a street machine.

It was in Road & Track Mag Apr 1984 issue. I had the cover taped to the mirror on my dresser while I was in high school.

Cover-of-Road-Track-e1453165402620.jpg

Last edited:
16 Days to go before RRB Build Off 11

16.jpg

I've got a name!! Funny how it comes to ya and just makes sense....

I think I know your build name now from your avatar. Here you are next to QuickDraw.

1db482f422b18664d1e4ec6336e76d94.jpg

15 Days to go before RRB Build Off 11

15f.jpg

Only TWO WEEKS!!! 14 Days until RRB Build Off 11 Starts!!

14b.jpg

Build one in back40 is a spaceliner?
Don't let out to many secrets OJ. :bigsmile:
Your perception skills are bested only by your comprehension my sudz guzzling Shakes-beer! Then again, I might just be pulling your chain.....bicycle chain that is!

13 Days until RRB Build Off 11 Starts!!

13.jpg

12 Days until RRB Build Off 11 Starts!!

12d.jpg

1st buildoff newbie question ... to enter ,we just put (RRB BO-11) in the title of the build thread ?
iam not use to have to wait to build something when i have the material , its hitching me to work :( this is painfull !!

1st buildoff newbie question ... to enter ,we just put (RRB BO-11) in the title of the build thread ?
iam not use to have to wait to build something when i have the material , its hitching me to work :( this is painfull !!

In the hours preceding the build-off, a new sub-forum will magically appear, into which entry threads for the build-off may be posted.

I don't think you need to put the name of the build off in the title for the big build off. I think Luke just does that for the MBBO because there are different classes.

Last year was my first big build off. It's an excellent time. Big big fun.

I'm stoked. The weather is great and I'm anxiously awaiting my first wave of parts to arrive on Santa's big brown square sleigh....:cool2:

Last edited:
Back