BUILD -A-CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
There's a bike shop (Fleetwood's Kit Kat Cruiser Boutique) down near SMU that sells and customizes cruiser bikes and hosts weekly rides in Dallas. I've been to the shop and met the owner Fleetwood (cool guy) and he told me about how he was starting an online bike business where you could create you own cruiser bike. He had been working with a designer and programmer to get the site up and running and it looks like they have it nearly finished.

Kind of cool to be able to mix and match parts and colors to come up with your own custom bike.

http://villycustoms.com

Way cool site and not bad prices for a custom bike. Too bad you can't share your creations without purchasing. Even the Fat Franks are realistic. Even better you can order Painted wheels for about the same as chrome ones.

Untitled.png

thats the ticket, i used to build bikes like that on IRO's site as a timewaster. bout time somebody set it up for some cool bikes :)

It's pretty cool going into his shop and seeing all of the bikes and parts sitting around.

He had been doing this same thing for his customers that came in so I think it was only natural to take it to the next level.

He's got a large warehouse space down in Dallas where he does all of the assembly work for this business.

It may be still in the works ,but he dosent give alot of information about his parts. Cool concept though. He has about every color wheel and tire combo that you could imagine.
Oh and Clancy that is the best you can do on building an imaginary bike?

Look at this frame carefully and you will see this is the same frame as my Cadillac Fleetwood, just no Nuvinci hub!!

Joe

bebanovich said:

I haven't ridden any of his bikes, but he does ride what he sells and he lets the folks who go on his cruises ride the bikes he sells too.

It's just really cool that you can make a few clicks and come up with your own personalized bike.

Hey, thanks for the positive vibes guys. We have a segment on Good Morning Texas tomorrow (Tuesday) at 9 am with a 4 minute segment about the custom cruiser bike line. The bikes are quality. As most people know, pretty much all bike parts are made in China and Korea. Our frames are made in the same factories as Nirve's and Electra's. Our quality, I feel, is better because we are taking other key elements of the bike (grips, rims, tires, chains, etc....) and upgrading with parts from the UK, etc......Further, we are adding a pinstripe option to the flash section of the site so you can pick your pattern and color. We are also upgrading our rear hub to a level well abouve Electra and NIrve, which will be available this spring. The bikes are already super high-quality. The beauty is you can get exactly what you want, for a price that is very competitive with your standard Electra. The cool thing is that its literally "one-of-a-kind"!!!!!! Any questions feel free to holler at me.....ANYTIME...and thanks to Rat Rod for being on the "edge" of what is up with Cruisers!!!!!

Fleetwood said:
Further, we are adding a pinstripe option to the flash section of the site so you can pick your pattern and color. We are also upgrading our rear hub to a level well abouve Electra and NIrve, which will be available this spring.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Back