"bucket seat" stories

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well if your not to much of an old car tweaker you might not know what that is. its when your working on a project and want to ride or drive it so bad, you put bucket or crates down as seats, and ride in it. usually there is also missing body parts and glass, and more than likely a laundry list of offenses for road safety, but it makes a good story.

now ive had afew bucket stories with old cars and trucks, most recently was last weekend was taking my truck for a drive (1969 f100) with no licence,me or the truck. but i had one yesterday that had to do with bikes. ive been collecting parts and slowly building my jc higgins road bike/cruiser/beater bike and have wanted to ride it. . .baaadly. so at about 12 last night, i assembled it one last time, the rims were trued, and i was bored and no one was home. so i took it for its maiden voyage, out of my room, down the hall, into my parents room, and back around. ill be honest, i had fun, but it was hard to ride in suck a small place with suck a high gear difference. but it was great being able to ride it without riding it. haha anyone else have any good stories about unfinished rides?

put new stringers in my friends tri-hull and threw some milk crates in the bilge to fish test it (no floor mind you)..

5 years later, fishes it once or twice a month. still milk crates in the bilge... :lol:

Oh, I thought we were talking about bucket seats. :roll:

24m6eqh.jpg

haha I do that too, my house is fairly open so out of the bike room, down the hallway left past the tv and couch another left through the kitchen left into the halway before you go down the stairs and a sharp right back into the bike room, cant get goin to fast but it works :lol:

been sittin on milk crates or non bolted in seat sooooo many times with my cars, and yes always missing a fender or hood 8) usually end up in the back seat tho because you just wanna hit the throttle to see what happens

Back