Brooks B33 on a Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are peoples thought's on this style of seat on a Cruiser? is their a better model? this is my currently...

p0413453.jpg

dazbike_1.jpg

cool, was feeling pretty good about it but i went to the bikeshop to buy one and showed the guy my bike and he said that brooks are intended for a completely different ilk of bike and said he didn't think it would suit it, not sure if he was paying my bike out or not? but anyway has made me think twice... but i've seen a bunch on here with brooks typed saddles that look great which is what gave me the idea!

particularly this one!
016-1.jpg

Just because it doesnt fit his idea of what a beach cruiser should look like doesnt mean it wont look great! Half the bikes on here probably fit that category :wink: :lol: I say go for it. That pic you posted shows the right Brook would look tops

put that seat on your bike an find another shop. that guy is a jerk.

Outlaw 8)

You can't go wrong with that B33 on a cruiser. Of all of my Brooks saddles, the B33 is the most comfortable. It's down right luscious. The B190 is nice if you're a big guy.

As to the bike shop dude, he's the type that will wonder why he eventually has no patrons. Roll with what you like. Life's too short. :wink:

Here is a shot of a B33 on my Taxi:
DSC00039-1.jpg

Tater said:
You can't go wrong with that B33 on a cruiser. Of all of my Brooks saddles, the B33 is the most comfortable. It's down right luscious. The B190 is nice if you're a big guy.

As to the bike shop dude, he's the type that will wonder why he eventually has no patrons. Roll with what you like. Life's too short. :wink:

Here is a shot of a B33 on my Taxi:
DSC00039-1.jpg

cheers mate, your bike looks awesome! and i was the only guy in the shop at the time maybe he's already on that downward spiral! haha

bradleyd83 said:
Is that black middleweight in the original post yours? If so, well done because that's a beautiful bike!

yes it is, thanks very much! :D it's my first project so i'm pretty stoked with how it's coming along, i still have a couple things left to do but very close to being done!

I am in the process of breaking in my Brooks B33. It went on this:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=46239

My cruiser. You won't be overly impressed with the Brooks when you first get it on your bike. Like a leather boot, it softens with wear. When the saddle was brand new I'd have given it a "B-" (sore tail after 20+ miles). Now it's up to a solid "A" (no sore tail after 40+ miles). I've spoken to other folks who have the B33 on their bikes. They tell me it just keeps getting better. I am happy with it, and it was worth every cent. It is a perfect saddle for a cruiser. And it looks bad as all get out!

JWM

jwm said:
I am in the process of breaking in my Brooks B33. It went on this:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=46239

My cruiser. You won't be overly impressed with the Brooks when you first get it on your bike. Like a leather boot, it softens with wear. When the saddle was brand new I'd have given it a "B-" (sore tail after 20+ miles). Now it's up to a solid "A" (no sore tail after 40+ miles). I've spoken to other folks who have the B33 on their bikes. They tell me it just keeps getting better. I am happy with it, and it was worth every cent. It is a perfect saddle for a cruiser. And it looks bad as all get out!

JWM

that does look ......! nice bike! yeah i must admit when i felt it i was like how is this going to be more comfortable than my current seat, so now i know what to expect, kinda like wearing a good pair of leather boots! your springer looks good to, is that just a stock felt springer or have you modified for the bike, looks different than the stock ones i've seen.

Back