Bridgestone Super Speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Must have been the bike gods guiding me. Tonight, on the way home from work, a voice in my head told me to stop at the local thrift store. I went directly to the bike rack and lo' and behold, I found this Bridgestone Super Speed. As you can see, it is some what rough. My first 10-speed bike was a Bridgestone purchased in 1973 at Peddlers in Independence, MO. I think this one is a couple of years newer than mine. It has the Independence Police sticker on it like I did, #12231. I thought at first, it was my bike that sold to a coworker many years ago, differ reflectors were a tip off that it wasn't. But, finding another is just a good. If anyone knows of a site to search for the serial number/year designation, that would be great, Serial # G339248. Now, for the $19.95 question, should I restore it, or, peruse the site for some modification ideas?
bridgestone.jpg

Now, if I can find a Schwinn Sting Ray Fastback, Gold, that I sold to buy the Bridgestone. Of all the bikes I ever owned, the Sting Ray has to be my favorite.

54shadow said:
Now, if I can find a Schwinn Sting Ray Fastback, Gold, that I sold to buy the Bridgestone. Of all the bikes I ever owned, the Sting Ray has to be my favorite.
Youre referring to the color copper tone, and I have one in the fs section now.....

CarolinaGuy said:
54shadow said:
Youre referring to the color copper tone, and I have one in the fs section now.....
Oh, that is tempting!

54shadow said:
CarolinaGuy said:
54shadow said:
Oh, that is tempting!

Pm me, I'll deal a little with ya

Back