Brian's bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend was looking for a bike and wanted the low rolling resistance of a road bike but with the comfort of a cruiser. He didn't like the look of the hybrids that are available and the cruisers all have big fat tires which he doesn't like. It had to have gears and look cool too, it was a tall order but he was giddy like a school girl when he saw what I built for him. It has 27" araya wheels with a 5 speed in the back, dia-compe brakes, Oury grips, Honda ATC bars, 7 speed thumb shifter, Snafu seat, Italian tires and goes like greased moose poop!

urbanmenacebikes014.jpg

urbanmenacebikes007.jpg

NOTHING is cooler than a good lookin, ridable bike in my book. A1 job!

Nice work. Did you have any frame/modifictation to get the brakes to work? A go fast cruiser

Thanks for the compliments guys! The frame is just a normal 26" cantilever cruiser frame with no mods except for the trimming of unsightly chain guard tabs. The fork is off of a touring ten speed bike and so are the brakes. The touring brakes have a little longer reach than regular road bike brakes but not as much as BMX brakes and worked perfectly for this build. And ,oh yeah she's fast and straight as an arrow, the kids in the neighborhood had no idea what to make of this one. :lol:

Here's a couple more pics.

urbanmenacebikes016.jpg

urbanmenacebikes012.jpg

I'm diggin the 1 pc. cranks and SE Racing brown bars and forks. All around a very nice build and it looks like it would be fun as heck to ride too. Nice going!

Throw a three speed (or larger) internal hub on that puppy, and I would marry it.

What would you call that style, however? I hate to get bogged down with labels, but I have a penchant for that style, and am building a similar bike. I was thinking maybe urban clunker?

slacker said:
Throw a three speed (or larger) internal hub on that puppy, and I would marry it.

What would you call that style, however? I hate to get bogged down with labels, but I have a penchant for that style, and am building a similar bike. I was thinking maybe urban clunker?

That's too funny, great minds think alike! I'm calling it Urban Menace and have registered my very own little bike company known as Urban Menace bikes. The next one will have 700c deep V wheels with a coaster brake, cyclocross tires and will also be naked (no paint) just cleared with blue wheels, green grips and the seat I haven't found yet. I'm also doing a couple of fixie projects under the Urban Menace banner...just seems fitting. :mrgreen:

fast eddie said:
i think narrow road rims with high pressure narrow road tires are the best, they look cool and they ride smooth as glass, good choice. as far as comfort, whats up w/ that seat? :D
fast eddie outty

What's wrong with the seat? I love that seat, stylish, nice lines and comfy...when compared to road bike seats. :mrgreen:

Back