Brian Setzer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight 45 minutes before show time we decided to go see Brian Setzer one of my favorite guitarists. We took a chance on getting tickets at the door and managed to get front row seats that someone else had canceled. Brian and the rest of the band put on a great show. The concert was held in Wichita's historic Orpheum Theater which made it even better.

DSCF5878.JPG

DSCF5985.JPG

DSCF5965.JPG

DSCF5938.JPG

DSCF5928.JPG

DSCF5897.JPG

Lee Rocker usta stand on his and play it like a big guitar back in the early '80's when I saw The Stray Cats live twice.

Slim Jim Phantom usta stand on his Bass Drum and slam the Snair.

never seen um all together but i played with slim jim phantom trio in chicago with my band n seen lee rocker in rockford my sons first concert he was 3 n sat on stage they kept goin up n jamin in front of him n lee did a bad beep bass solo in front of um was so kool next day he asked if that was elvis with the big guitar lol love it

MagicRat said:
Did Brian do this Classic? (coulda been written yesterday...this was 30 years ago)

(not for little ears)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKdAVYKYZfo

No he didn't. They did the Stray Cats big hits like Stray Cat Strut and Rock This Town. Also did Rumble in Brighton.

scrumblero said:
is this guy standing on his..... stand up? :shock: I gotta figure out who makes that thing..

MagicRat said:
Lee Rocker usta stand on his and play it like a big guitar back in the early '80's when I saw The Stray Cats live twice.

Slim Jim Phantom usta stand on his Bass Drum and slam the Snair.

Yes both bassists were standing on them. They played them every which way. Same for Slim Jim.

DSCF5942.JPG

When I think of him this is the image that comes to mind...

506314_356x237.jpg

Then you see him here, and it looks like Benny Hill dressed up like him...ha ha! :lol:

DSCF5985.JPG

He's music kicks out! "Riot in Brighton" being my favorite. He has lived in Downtown Minneapolis (with his wife, a MN native) for the last several years. Plays a lot locally. Heard he was going to start Banjo Rock (?!) I got to see his hot rod at the 2010 Minneapolis Messaround, pretty cool.

Back