Bounce to the Ounce - FINSHED pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bounce to the Ounce build

looks better than the one off my hawthorne. i would rock it. cool bike too lots of potential

jen, i need a pinstriper, but your too far away. oh well. oh, sure you can pull my wagon if ya want to.lol nice lookin bike.

Outlaw

Wow, I had the same bike in a boys model. I changed mine too.

IMG_0243-1.jpg

IMG_0307-1.jpg

Cool, I am glad to see this build resurface... I am looking forward to seeing the finished bike.

JLarkin, that's a really neat transformation on your Holiday. :D

Well how about that. I was just wondering about this build Monday. I didn't know how it was coming since I hadn't seen it in a while.

Jlarkin i LOVE what you did with your monark !!!!

ok everyone i finally just got the bike back from being sandblasted ..ughhhhh what a wait!!!!!
and i have a new space to work on the bike other then my room .. no more oven cleaner and brake cleaner fumes to sleep with hahaha
so im just going to rattle can it in grey primer ..
i want this bike to be glossy and very nice when im done with it . im going on a red white and blue theme .. but navy,maroon,and off white . i found all three colors in a gloss by krylon .. yes spray paint .

as for masking off does anyone have and tips? what type of tape/paper etc

also i got my headbadge too :)

i have alot of sanding to do on the seat bracket i need to paint that too

564759601_PYeje-L.jpg

my new work space the loft above the garage .. yes i lift every bike up and down the steps what a pain that is haha... im up to 8 bikes here .. and 1 in tx lol .

564759592_cozTg-L.jpg

i have some smoothing out to do on the fenders

mask you edge first, if your masking stuff like scallops i use the 3M fineline tape for the edge and just use the standard width auto masking tape and stock masking paper off of the fineline stuff. the skinnier the tape the better curves you can pull off.

I like using the painter's masking tape, the blue kind. It comes off easy, and can be reused if you have cut a pattern or shape in it.

Re: Bounce to the Ounce Update 7/1

havent updated b/c i havent had the chance to work on the bike its been raining alot here, went to tx for a long weekend .
so im back and started to prime the parts of the bike since it was FINALLY a decent day to do so, still have to get the old headbadge off the bike frame so i didnt do that but i got the fenders,tank,chain guard and back rack done .
Picked up the paint for it last night :) still thinking of way to paint it stay tuned :)

Re: Bounce to the Ounce Update 6/16

well today is humid like crazy so no paint for me ..
but since this is the Bounce to the Ounce build .. its a Pepsi themed bike for me . thats one of there ad slogans from the 50's " more bounce to the ounce" .
so the paint will be red white and blue but i wanted it toned down a little so im doing navy,ivory,and a crimson.
my buddy made me a head badge i told him the theme and he surprised me with this
580414668_HwBbo-L.jpg

still dont know if i want to paint it or not i love it so much the way it is

I've been looking at some of the bikes here and noticed some are pulling trailors and for ha has i went to CL and typed up Pepsi... and a 60's cooler came up in my town for 50 bucks this was tuesday night . the next day (yesterday) i went to the local antique shop and asked if she had listed it on CL .. said no but does it look like this one .. and there was a 50's Pepsi Cooler in her shop for less then the CL one .. awesome condition .. so i took it ,
its big and heavy thinkin about making something up so i can tow it or my pinstriping kit behind the monark

580414519_j4Aau-L.jpg

anyone with trialor info for bikes ?

Re: Bounce to the Ounce Update 7/2

i say leave the paint and stripe that cooler. i use a 1940's penguin ice chest to hold my pinstriping junk. and that head badge is sweet how was it done?

karfer67 said:
i say leave the paint and stripe that cooler. i use a 1940's penguin ice chest to hold my pinstriping junk. and that head badge is sweet how was it done?

im just going to clean the cooler up and use it as a cooler . might do some accent stripes on it and "patina" them
the headbadge was done by acid

Been waiting to see this. I love where you are going with it. Don't paint the headbadge. Looks SUPER as it is and I like it's personality. Cool...

I used a kid's bike trailer as a base for my wooden trailer, made from paneling, but your cooler would fit right on one of those just right.

Back