Bolt-on Madness!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happens when you take a brand new 2008 Electra Rockabilly Boogy and you throw any possible accessory at it?

So far the mods include:
Triple clamp fork, installed.
Fork down tubes sandblasted and painted matte black.
Headlight mounted to top fork clamp with custom drop bracket.
Seatpost rear rack, installed.
Rear rack disassembled and painted to match frame.
Saddle bags (military surplus) installed.
Vintage rear reflector and mudflap mounted via a custom 3-piece bracket.
IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

I just ordered some parts and materials to fabricate a front rack as well. I also have to paint that little drop bracket for the head lamp. Maybe this weekend...
:)

Some of the modern amenities of this ride serve me well. Like the aluminum frame and three speed hub because I commute to work in this bike. Thanks for looking!

Regards,

Two Spot

Love the electras. When i get my job @ the carwash with my friend. IM saving and buying myself a new one of these. :wink: Looks sharp my friend.

Great looking bike!

I love the Electras too, we have 3 in the family.

Thanks!
I-Ride, I really admire your bikes. Maybe one day I'll be able to just buy one of your bikes. That Board Racer is a thing of beauty. I am in love with it just from the pictures. Rat Rod, that Sparker is sharp looking. I had a couple strict criteria when picking out my Electra:
1. Matte finish paint.
2. Fatti-o tire on at least the rear wheel.

That limited my options, but that sparker meets my criteria. Very nice.

I fabbed up my first attempt at the front rack today. I decided it looks silly so I am going to modify the design a bit and see if that helps. Pics to follow.

Regards,

Two Spot

Two Spot, the mods you implemented suit the bike to a tee! I am digging the pairing of elements, just purchased an '08 Sparker-flat red and black and have executed a couple mods, I will post pics as I shoot them to definitely share with the members on board.

Flos Angeles

gotta love this bike and i like what you did with it. now you just need to drag it up to sacramento for the ride next week.

Lookin' good! It kinda has a military surplus turned racer look, if that makes any sense. :wink:

I wish I could find one of those leather cylinder bags in tan to match my Boney Finger's seat and grips....

Back