Board Track Racer build-off?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I've seen some interest in Board Trackers on here...

Mines getting welded today/tonight

The FLYING MERKEL tribute should be done in a coupla weeks

What do yas think?

Anybody else in?

New thread?

My friend has a rough old Triumph 3-spd Roadie that screams Board track me!! Never seen a Triumph bicycle before just motor bikes. If you can wait till fall I'd join in. Too busy with work till the end of Sept.

Aaron

well that sounds like fun but i say just do another bike build off not all guys on here are into the boardtrack thing like i am. but i am down for a pixie bike build off.

karfer67 said:
well that sounds like fun but i say just do another bike build off not all guys on here are into the boardtrack thing like i am. but i am down for a pixie bike build off.

sure not everyone is into a board track bike, but at the same token, not everyone is into diamond shaped frames and they just had a build off. It still/was fun checking all the updates on their build offs... my point is... there as been quite a bit of interest and members building these board track bikes, not just you... so I think a build off is a fun idea...
Im still on the wall about participating tho... Are we doing a 1 month biker build off thing?

I think we may try to do another official build off when the weather cools down some. With temps in the 100s down here, I'm in no hurry to spend much time in the garage right now.

We are also quickly approaching the 1 year anniversary of the site (Sept 1.) so it probably won't be too long after that before we have another general RRB build off.

So, it just depends on how many bikes you want to build I suppose. :wink:

Something to think about.

RRBBO2 with

How about having an RRBBO2 with a special Board Track category. Sort of like a theme, but then for all the other bikes there will be a separate category. I say we set the deadline for this as Halloween! What better way than to cruise door to door on a RRBBO bike! Flat Black at that! or gloss black if thats what ya got!

Joe

im still cool with the same basic RRB build off again, or maybe have 2 catagories basic/advanced (frame mods allowed), just use stuff like the diamond frame, pixie, boardtracker for side stuff. Bein this is Rat Rod Bikes forum and all.

I all in for boardtrack BO. If just a boardtrack build off, how about a later date than Sept 1 ....oct 1st?

Re: RRBBO2 with

yeshoney said:
How about having an RRBBO2 with a special Board Track category. Sort of like a theme, but then for all the other bikes there will be a separate category. I say we set the deadline for this as Halloween! What better way than to cruise door to door on a RRBBO bike! Flat Black at that! or gloss black if thats what ya got!

Joe
Halloween deadline! Dress up for you own photoshoot of your bike! Awesome!

If it's not Broken...don't fix it!

we had this talk a while ago,
and even "Kenny" who is a Master at Cutting up Bikes,
said "Lets just have this Build off the way it is...we can cut up Bikes
on other Builds"

so,The Rules of The Last Build off where perfect..
it brought out all kinds of different Builds with all kinds of different styles"

If one wishes to enter a Board Tracker Style( like I did ) in the next Build off...then I feel that's Cool!

If a guy wants to do an awesome Addaption to a Bike like "Schwinnspastic"
did in the last Build-off...then I feel that's cool!

It wasn't broken .....so my vote is to leave well alone.

my 2 cents,
Kev.

Clothespin "n" said:
If it's not Broken...don't fix it!

we had this talk a while ago,
and even "Kenny" who is a Master at Cutting up Bikes,
said "Lets just have this Build off the way it is...we can cut up Bikes
on other Builds"

so,The Rules of The Last Build off where perfect..
it brought out all kinds of different Builds with all kinds of different styles"

If one wishes to enter a Board Tracker Style( like I did ) in the next Build off...then I feel that's Cool!

If a guy wants to do an awesome Addaption to a Bike like "Schwinnspastic"
did in the last Build-off...then I feel that's cool!

It wasn't broken .....so my vote is to leave well alone.

my 2 cents,
Kev.

exactly! and if we limit it to board tracks we wont see the next cool thing
when we started the first one we wanted to see who could make the coolest bike. some were board trackers some not. board trackers stood out but in the end board tracker didnt win
themes are cool but so are all of the bikes :)

I built a board tracker and with my 6'5 275lb body it was totally unrideable for me lol it did look cool tho!
so if its a boardtracker or a ratod fixe I love seeing them all built!

i agree with the "dont fix if it aint broke" thing...

keep it the way it is!

the theme build off's should just be a side thing...

just my 2 cents..

oct.

I like the halloween idea...what about a Halloween themed buildoff...boardtrackers, cruisers,bmx...any type but with a Halloween-ish theme...

Back