"BOARD TO TEARS 2"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like everyone has a board track build going on at one point in their cycling sojourn but me. The time is now for me to throw my vision to the track.

This will a cool build for me because the original track bike I had got repossessed by the owner. I had been storing it for a friend.
Looking at images online and here on the forum will give me all the ideas needed. Feedback a plus. Need a frame to start.

A 1941 CWC "tall tank" frame will do fine. The frame is a straight bar, drop stand compatible with a cool patina.
This frame is also in rms37's data base of "tall tank" CWC serial #. So far it's the earliest he's recorded produced in fall of 41'
That's just too right. A frame with a prominence before I've even begun. Def mad perfection! WAKE UP! ur "BOARD TO TEARS 2"

HPIM5028.jpg

HPIM5029.jpg

Got the mock up finished.... boring

Using a fork from a 60's bike

HPIM5097.jpg

I distressed the finish and will use my Darts. The wheelset looks to match good enough
Stem is from a Western Flyer BMXr with a steel gas line segment for bars.
Grips are from a old set of hedge shears
I had no badge for the cycle so I did what i could.
Seat was with another project. Found a new home here where it will be recovered again
The 45 degree lucky 7 put everything back out over tire
Bobbed fender from a Schwinn 27 inch

HPIM5262.jpg

Yup....me like :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I like the way the head badge is flat and not curved along the tube. Now you just need to hand paint on the name.

great looking so far Charles. too bad you don't have a CWC springer for it. but I like what you are doing.

jerrykr said:
great looking so far Charles. too bad you don't have a CWC springer for it. but I like what you are doing.

Phase 3 will be a mean fork
Phase 4 will be drop bars
Phase 5 will be tires or perhaps a tank. I dont know what the "tall tanks" look like yet?
Phase 6 will be paint or a motor

something to make the cyclist pedal faster?

Latest posts

Back